• Current Donation Goals

22 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Top form? He offers nothing. He came back from injury two months ago. The most over hyped youth product I have ever seen 

Top athletes almost all have poor 6 month post-recovery spells after Achilles injuries. Its actually shown medically by studies. Its too easy to write him off at the moment. Let's see what he brings to the table next year. I dont think it will escape Frank that CHO is doing poorly at the moment. With the transfer ban lifted, maybe its time to shift him out on loan and bring in someone more ready to make an impact.

Kezza   

Every goal Kepa conceded he's upright on his feet. He hardly ever tried or is so bad he didn't bither trying.

27 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Willian..... For Who? The ghost who came on for him in the second half?

Mount on the left and Pulisic on the right. Our pressing game has disappeared since Mount has dropped back in to midfield. 

15 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I'm struggling to think what we do with Kepa. he's a 70m pound signing. The club will be reluctant to sell him for a loss. And I'm struggling to think of replacements that aren't a risk.

What are you talking about? Kepa was a masterful piece of business by Granny, he was so well scouted that he is our GK for 10 years! 

Edited by King Kante

Before dumping Kepa perhaps we should try coaching him into a better player? Many of his faults can be worked on, you don’t have to be super naturally talented to know not to pass the ball like that today. 

3 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Top athletes almost all have poor 6 month post-recovery spells after Achilles injuries. Its actually shown medically by studies. Its too easy to write him off at the moment. Let's see what he brings to the table next year. I dont think it will escape Frank that CHO is doing poorly at the moment. With the transfer ban lifted, maybe its time to shift him out on loan and bring in someone more ready to make an impact.

This game was hardly a test for CHO.  He's best on counterattack, or at least given chances where he can go one on one against a FB.  We spent about 85 mins against a back 8 that was keeping its lead.  I really wouldn't expect him to shine.

Just now, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Mount on the left and Pulisic on the right. Our pressing game has disappeared since Mount has dropped back in to midfield. 

I think our pressing game depends on Mount and or Kante getting involved.  If anything it is Pulisic that weakens it.  Besides Mount has only ever played one or two games as AM for us.

That was shyte! Talk about conceding goals at bad times in a game. So frustrating and just generally unprofessional in my opinion. You keep it tight early and just before/after half time, we just create a mountain to climb for ourselves.

They worked hard as a team, but we didn’t even make it hard for them to score, just handed it them on a plate .

Worst and most frustrating performance of the season. I get Frank was happy with Wednesday, but surely we needed to change it up a bit for this game. 

A really annoying performance. They made us work really hardy to create anything and we generally failed. We made it really easy for them, conceding 3 goals I that game is just so poor.

30 minutes ago, chelboy said:

What people need to realise is that CHO is fresh out the academy. He has not had the same development as Tammy Mount or James on loan . Its clear he is raw at times but I wouldn’t say he is over hyped. We don’t really know his potential yet. A loan would obviously help his development. People said the same thing about Tammy Mount Boga RLC and many others until they went on loan and had regular football we all started to see them develop. People disappointed with CHO need to understand how his situation is completely different to the others that have benefited from loan.

This is what Tammy Mount Tomori would have looked like if they came fresh out the academy into the first 11. The only reason why CHO is there because we have two ageing wingers. The best thing for CHO would have been a loan move this season but clearly we need him for depth. 

If we need him for depth then play him more. I understood that he’s raw and coming back from a serious injury but the only way he gets better without the benefit of a loan is through regular playing time. Better rotation with Willian would be a good start especially with Willian being goal shy and always disguising his shots as ‘crosses’. 

27 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Sometimes you have to change your ways of playing, too much passing it around at the back for no reason, just get the ball forward as quick as possible.

they had 10 players behind the ball most of the time, 

We certainly have them time to regroup by knocking it about the back. Amazing they managed to pack the defence and also cause panic with the one or two players up field. Would have liked to see us mix it up a bit.

27 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I'm struggling to think what we do with Kepa. he's a 70m pound signing. The club will be reluctant to sell him for a loss. And I'm struggling to think of replacements that aren't a risk.

Perhaps Marcin  Bulka ? he left  us for game time and hasn’t got it ,  If Frank is going to build team in his own image then Kepa is  a liability at the moment maybe competition may help, if not  bite the bullet.

I would also Think about bringing Ampadu back if possible, we struggle against physical teams and need someone competent in front of the back 4

On the match awful, unlike others I can see why Jorge isn’t starting  in these sort of games he’s too lightweight. Emerson out a bit puzzling but no amount of coaching can make up for Azpilicueta, Zouma ,Andreas and kepa looking like strangers

I feel a bit for the management , too many players not up to it or past it, rotation is difficult if the options are not  there, no point Keeping Pedro, Giroud, Alonso , but the squad is getting thin, will be an interesting transfer window or 2

• Like 1