• Current Donation Goals

I see some are defending Kepa and especially the first goal (which again was a cross into the 6-yard box). 

The problem is that the opposition knows he won’t come out for those crosses. And when he don’t, any, and I mean any, touch on the ball means a certain goal. Of course opposition will try to take advantage of that and they are with great result. 

He should have come out for the goal against Villa and he should have come out for the first goal today. Instead he’s rooted in the line and retracts back over his own goal line instead of dealing with the cross. He is weak mentally, weak at reading the game and weak at his decision-making playing out from the back. He also has weak wrists. 

I’ve given up on him and just want him out. He ain’t the answer and never will be. Too many glaring faults! 

15 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I see some are defending Kepa and especially the first goal (which again was a cross into the 6-yard box). 

The problem is that the opposition knows he won’t come out for those crosses.

Of course opposition will try to take advantage of that and they are with great result. 

He should have come out for the goal against Villa and he should have come out for the first goal today. Instead he’s rooted in the line and retracts back over his own goal line instead of dealing with the cross. He is weak mentally, weak at reading the game and weak at his decision-making playing out from the back. He also has weak wrists. 

I’ve given up on him and just want him out. He ain’t the answer and never will be. Too many glaring faults! 

Well no.  He should only come out for those crosses if he knows where they are going to drop.  They weren't the kind of flat crosses that a keeper can come out to the near post certain it won't go over his head.  The both looped high and came down pretty vertical.  No one is judging where those balls end up. The best bet is stay on the line knowing that the striker will get no time to judge his header and shoot weakly (the Villa player just found it hit him on the chin and fell on his standing foot).

It should be said both were great crosses and both teams threw 3 players into heading positions.  

Keepers don't come out for looped crosses - well not twice anyway.

16 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

And when he don’t, any, and I mean any, touch on the ball means a certain goal.

Precisely the opposite.  He come out and any touch on the ball means a certain goal.  he stays on the line it has to be a very good touch or a very lucky one.  Just look at the Trezuguet fumble. 

Leo91   

They such an annoying club. Bottle it season in season out against Liverpool. Chelsea come to town, easy work. 

19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well no.  He should only come out for those crosses if he knows where they are going to drop.  They weren't the kind of flat crosses that a keeper can come out to the near post certain it won't go over his head.  The both looped high and came down pretty vertical.  No one is judging where those balls end up. The best bet is stay on the line knowing that the striker will get no time to judge his header and shoot weakly (the Villa player just found it hit him on the chin and fell on his standing foot).

It should be said both were great crosses and both teams threw 3 players into heading positions.  

Keepers don't come out for looped crosses - well not twice anyway.

Precisely the opposite.  He come out and any touch on the ball means a certain goal.  he stays on the line it has to be a very good touch or a very lucky one.  Just look at the Trezuguet fumble. 

😂😂😂😂. When ever does a GK know where exactly the ball is going to drop? And how comes it is Kepa that is always being targetted with these mystery balls into his six yard area? 

Let's face it Droy, he is pony. Odd super save does not make up for not being able to do the basic requirements of a GK I.e. control your six yard area and do not palm in shots straight at you. It is simply too much of a reoccuring theme with him for this to be anything other than his fault/lack of ability. 

36 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

We started the season a bit too well and now our expectations have now ballooned.

Not really that well. Slow start , gained momentum , went on a great run and now lost our way a bit. With a top keeper we'd  be at least 6 or 7 points better off. With Rudiger playing all season we might be in second place and pushing dippers. If Tammy stays fit and in form the thing that will keep us out of top four are clearly the lacking of a top available CB and a decent keeper. 

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

The first thing he should do is stop  farting about at the back,and if he doesn't drop kepa tell him when the ball is at his feet to launch it towards Tammy  or get it as far away from himself as possible.

And it isn't a recent thing. For the past 4 or 5 seasons we have been farting around at the back. It has been my pet hate and has often cost us dearly. I'm not saying we shouldn't do it all because if it works its great, but just to keep the oppo honest and now and again play it long . If every single time we play tippytappy around the back ( knowing that Keppa will have a least one brain fart a game) teams will work out a game plan of pressing and pressure which will eventually pay off. 

kev61   

People keep going on about his lack of height - Carlo is the same height and was one of the best keepers we ever had(and bought for a song).It's not lack of height it's lack of talent,as someone said he makes the odd world class save but it  nowhere near makes up for failings.

kev61   
4 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

And it isn't a recent thing. For the past 4 or 5 seasons we have been farting around at the back. It has been my pet hate and has often cost us dearly. I'm not saying we shouldn't do it all because if it works its great, but just to keep the oppo honest and now and again play it long . If every single time we play tippytappy around the back ( knowing that Keppa will have a least one brain fart a game) teams will work out a game plan of pressing and pressure which will eventually pay off. 

It seems common sense doesn't it? - the thing is it must be a tactic employed by Frank, players don't fart about on their own volition - Frank needs to stop this now it is suicidal.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

😂😂😂😂. When ever does a GK know where exactly the ball is going to drop? And how comes it is Kepa that is always being targetted with these mystery balls into his six yard area? 

Let's face it Droy, he is pony.

Most of the time he doesn't have to.  Footballers can jump upto a height of lets say 2.4m.  Keepers can reach say 3.2m  If the ball comes across flat the keeper goes to near post and grabs it before any player can.

Both those crosses could only have been caught by a keeper if he stood close to the second attacker.  If he tries to cut it out before the first player he misses and it is a tap into to an empty goal.  If he goes close to the 2nd attacker he doesn't know if it will drop short to the first for a tap in.
It isn't rocket science it is plain simple keeping.  You only go for crosses you are sure you will get.

I'm fine with the idea that Kepa didn't have a great day, or has had a few bad matches, or even may not be a great keeper.  But lets stick to the cock ups he actually makes, and not blame him for superb looped crosses with the oppo getting 3 men in the 6 yard box to attack them.  We should be crossing and loading the box like that.

Now I have seen the goals again. Christensen is just not cut out to be a PL defender. Too weak, lacks any aggression and easily bullied.

He should do better on the first goal, he even looks and has a glance at Richarlison when ball goes wide before the cross.  His position is decent, just doesn’t anticipate or want it enough.

Then bullied by Calvert-Lewin for the second goal.

Its the same problem he has had for over 2 years now. If we are strengthening this area then he has to be the fall guy.

Zouma wasn’t great either today, but Christensen has to be stronger and prevent both those goals from happening. 

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall