• Current Donation Goals

Our back4 looked like they'd been drawn out of a hat, and were a bloody shambles, culpable for all 3 goals. Keppa The Keeper was dodgy, too. Our front 3 were simply ineffective, and rarely created a threat. 

They all worked hard, but in reality, this was a desperately poor performance. Frank has  loads of work to do, and Marina should be kept busy in January.

6 hours ago, King Kante said:

Zouma today was absolutely shocking and I hope that the penny is starting to drop about him. First goal he gets completely drawn out of position which results in Dave having to drop in instead of go out to the attacker and the AC is left with two players. Second goal, he skies the ball and when it drops he puts no effort into trying to put his foot through the ball. Further to this, he is poor on the ball.

Do not get me wrong, AC is too weak and was today on numberous ocassions, whilst yet again we have to question why our GK is not defending his six yard area but Zouma was the architect of the first two goals. 

SFL also did himself no favours today. Dave needed to be subbed for Emerson at HT and by the 60th Min Puli was blowing out of his ar*e, CHO should have been on for him instead of Willian who whilst poor in the final third was grafting in the 1st and 2nd third. Only players today to come out with any real credit were Kova and James. 

You got the wrong guy, but then you have been digging him out all season.

He was not good enough today, but those first two goals lay far more at AC door I’m afraid. 

First goal Zouma is clearly watching Walcott and if ball goes there he will attack it. When the ball goes wide before the cross AC looks at Richarlison and takes up an ok position, but then don’t want to attack the balk same way Richarlison does. There is no clever run in the box fro Richarlison, AC knows what to do and don’t anticipate it.

Second goal, Zouma has actually done his defending, albeit a bit scruffily. AC again not strong enough to clear it and bullied physically. Zouma has already cleared it twice before it gets to AC, once when pulled wide and then again when he skies it after it comes at him at awkward angle. 

I can’t defend a good Zouma performance, but your looking at the wrong man for first two goals. Collectively it was shyte in all honesty, but AC just has to do better on both.

3 hours ago, Leo91 said:

They such an annoying club. Bottle it season in season out against Liverpool. Chelsea come to town, easy work. 

Only seen the highlights but every season it seems this the game that matters to them more than any other in the world. The crowd scream for everything , the ref agrees with them and we fold. I am going to put on £20 that they will lose their next game....and I dont even know who they are playing. 

kev61   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Most of the time he doesn't have to.  Footballers can jump upto a height of lets say 2.4m.  Keepers can reach say 3.2m  If the ball comes across flat the keeper goes to near post and grabs it before any player can.

Both those crosses could only have been caught by a keeper if he stood close to the second attacker.  If he tries to cut it out before the first player he misses and it is a tap into to an empty goal.  If he goes close to the 2nd attacker he doesn't know if it will drop short to the first for a tap in.
It isn't rocket science it is plain simple keeping.  You only go for crosses you are sure you will get.

I'm fine with the idea that Kepa didn't have a great day, or has had a few bad matches, or even may not be a great keeper.  But lets stick to the cock ups he actually makes, and not blame him for superb looped crosses with the oppo getting 3 men in the 6 yard box to attack them.  We should be crossing and loading the box like that.

You'r one in a million droy - do you ever question your sanity?...I know I do.

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

It seems common sense doesn't it? - the thing is it must be a tactic employed by Frank, players don't fart about on their own volition - Frank needs to stop this now it is suicidal.

I think I have seen a small change this season with Keppa now and again launching it  when a passing option was possible. Last season this never happened. The only time Keppa would boot it was when a defender passed back to him and forwards bore down on him and threatened dispossession ....in other words an emergency boot. But your right, it needs to change and Lampard needs to deal with.  Keppa , Zouma, Christenson, Dave are not turning into twinkle toed footballing geniuses anytime soon. A long ball aimed at Tammy  is not football heresy, it can be an effective part of our game. 

Arkie   

Always thought Christensesn is the most overhyped player in Chelsea squad in years. Awful defender. Mid table German team is about his level really.

Zoumas level we always knew. Stoke City/everton bench.

Keep been doing his routine wayward ball thing for 2 years now. 

Many players are guilty of keeping the ball for too long instead of shooting.

Rudiger and his injury really robbed us of top 4 this year.

1 hour ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Then bullied by Calvert-Lewin for the second goal.

It is a blatant foul.  True I expect a PL defender to put up with that, I'm not defending AC here - but where is the point in VAR if they review that incident and can't see Calvert-Lewin attack the player, not the ball.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

You'r one in a million droy - do you ever question your sanity?...I know I do.

I'd be very worried otherwise kev.

2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

You got the wrong guy, but then you have been digging him out all season.

He was not good enough today, but those first two goals lay far more at AC door I’m afraid. 

First goal Zouma is clearly watching Walcott and if ball goes there he will attack it. When the ball goes wide before the cross AC looks at Richarlison and takes up an ok position, but then don’t want to attack the balk same way Richarlison does. There is no clever run in the box fro Richarlison, AC knows what to do and don’t anticipate it.

Second goal, Zouma has actually done his defending, albeit a bit scruffily. AC again not strong enough to clear it and bullied physically. Zouma has already cleared it twice before it gets to AC, once when pulled wide and then again when he skies it after it comes at him at awkward angle. 

I can’t defend a good Zouma performance, but your looking at the wrong man for first two goals. Collectively it was shyte in all honesty, but AC just has to do better on both.

I am not a fan of Zouma I agree but I am fairly relax about which of him or AC needs to go. I did mention that AC didn't cover himself in glory but first one Zouma is way out of position. If he does his job he doesn't leave AC with two attackers and Dave can go out to attempt to stop the cross instead of dropping in. Second goal Zouma ridiculously hoofs it into the air like a 12 year old with a plastic ball, AC gets a boardline foul on him then Zouma puts a absolutely pathetic attempt at a clearance in. Of course AC can be stronger on both but Zouma was the chief instigator.