• Current Donation Goals

Don't want to dwell on this one for too long, just want to move on - defensively it was as bad as I have seen us for quite some time. AC and Zouma is NOT a partnership. Get Tomori back in and then partner him with Rudiger once he is fit. Azpilicueta has a shocker yesterday, within 5 mins I sent my brother and Dad a text saying exactly that. His touch was heavy, his passes were overhit and he was getting caught out - we really need to sign a CB and LB in January.

The Kovacic goal should have been enough to win this match, as Everton were nowhere near deserving of a goal, let alone 3. It was a freak result in the end, but purely because we gifted them 3 goals.

If they don't get that first so early, we probably win fairly comfortably, but after going 1 up, it was a case of 8 men behind the ball, run around like crazy, closing the space down around the area and we just had no answer for it.

Massive improvements needed asap.

P.S. Kovacic is World class.

6 hours ago, King Kante said:

I am not a fan of Zouma I agree but I am fairly relax about which of him or AC needs to go. I did mention that AC didn't cover himself in glory but first one Zouma is way out of position. If he does his job he doesn't leave AC with two attackers and Dave can go out to attempt to stop the cross instead of dropping in. Second goal Zouma ridiculously hoofs it into the air like a 12 year old with a plastic ball, AC gets a boardline foul on him then Zouma puts a absolutely pathetic attempt at a clearance in. Of course AC can be stronger on both but Zouma was the chief instigator. 

I don’t agree, but I’m not gonna debate it further because I can’t and don’t want to defend Zouma performance. Is Zouma good enough for us to be a serious challenger? I have to say no not really. But has he been our most consistent defender this season? I would have to say yes and until AC stops performing like a boy against men, the he is always gonna be the min problem area.

43 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Don't want to dwell on this one for too long, just want to move on - defensively it was as bad as I have seen us for quite some time. AC and Zouma is NOT a partnership. Get Tomori back in and then partner him with Rudiger once he is fit. Azpilicueta has a shocker yesterday, within 5 mins I sent my brother and Dad a text saying exactly that. His touch was heavy, his passes were overhit and he was getting caught out - we really need to sign a CB and LB in January.

The Kovacic goal should have been enough to win this match, as Everton were nowhere near deserving of a goal, let alone 3. It was a freak result in the end, but purely because we gifted them 3 goals.

If they don't get that first so early, we probably win fairly comfortably, but after going 1 up, it was a case of 8 men behind the ball, run around like crazy, closing the space down around the area and we just had no answer for it.

Massive improvements needed asap.

P.S. Kovacic is World class.

Yeah I agree with all of that.

7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

It is a blatant foul.  True I expect a PL defender to put up with that, I'm not defending AC here - but where is the point in VAR if they review that incident and can't see Calvert-Lewin attack the player, not the ball.

I'd be very worried otherwise kev.

Possibly, but your bar is always set very low for fouls.

Every PL game would have 15 bookings and 4 reds if they were refereed by your standards.

29 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Every PL game would have 15 bookings and 4 reds if they were refereed by your standards.

I cannot imagine any of our players getting away with leading with their elbow , knocking down the opposition player and VAR having no say in it . AC is worthless as a Premier league centre half but that was as blatant as they come  right out of the Duncan Ferguson play book .

Compounded by absolutely no mention of it from the childhood Everton supporter commentating and his bell end mate who in all the time I've watched BT always wants the opposition to beat us !

chelboy   
39 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I don’t agree, but I’m not gonna debate it further because I can’t and don’t want to defend Zouma performance. Is Zouma good enough for us to be a serious challenger? I have to say no not really. But has he been our most consistent defender this season? I would have to say yes and until AC stops performing like a boy against men, the he is always gonna be the min problem area.

Yeah I agree with all of that.

Pretty much agree with this. I don’t see AC as a defender made for this league. The amount of basic duels Christensen looses is very worrying for a CB in this league. The comments Lamps made yesterday about not wanting to get physical and stuck in seemed aimed at him. The most consistent out of the 3 CB’s this season has been Zouma. Many called for Tomori and Emerson to be dropped now many will call for them to be back in until they make another mistake. It’s like a merry-go-round. 

Jasonb   
48 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Pretty much agree with this. I don’t see AC as a defender made for this league. The amount of basic duels Christensen looses is very worrying for a CB in this league. The comments Lamps made yesterday about not wanting to get physical and stuck in seemed aimed at him. The most consistent out of the 3 CB’s this season has been Zouma. Many called for Tomori and Emerson to be dropped now many will call for them to be back in until they make another mistake. It’s like a merry-go-round. 

Perhaps Frank was testing our squad before dipping into the transfer market and perhaps Tomori needed a rest.

I read a comment about our lack of decent scouting as Everton's first goal was a carbon copy of a recent one scored against Southampton.

Blue Rod   
2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Get Tomori back in and then partner him with Rudiger once he is fit. 

This is how I see our defensive partnership. Tomori did make a few mistakes with his distribution before he was dropped. But both now and for the future, I see Tomori as a more reliable defender than Zouma.

The way Zouma wobbles about on and off the ball, going down before he could make a tackle, his tendency to panic in a 1:1, must be a nightmare for any keeper, let alone one like Kepa. Because  his body, arms and legs are never steady, you never know whether he is ready to receive the ball or just steadying himself. With Zouma, you dont get that feeling; our man has got the ball or their man, it's all under control.  

Tomori did become a little bit wasteful. But some people seem to have forgotten that earlier in the season no one got past him. And what about the passes that he was hitting earlier in the season?. At some point he boasted the same number of assists as Jorginho. Zouma on the other hand can't look up and hit a pass. He is looking down to the ball as he kicks it. 

The potential for improvement is another factor in my choice. Both are relatively young. But Tomori has not had the exposure and opportunities of Zouma. Many of Zouma's weaknesses could  not be coached away

Edited by Blue Rod

1 hour ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

It was a VAR observed incident, part of the goal.  The bar is pretty low for VAR.  Yesterday's game should have had 5 or 6 yellows.  

Blue Rod   

Whatever the team selection, formation and tactics that Frank is adopting, there is an obvious team problem; we are not playing nearly with enough power, speed and intensity. Everton were first to the first ball, first to the second ball. When we had the ball, we did manage to posses it for a bit but without any intent ot directness. I think Frank really has to do something. We are playing every match like the last one. That is worrying. 

Jasonb   

I think a fair result might have been 3-3 yet Abraham missed two key chances he knows too.

It looks like Frank has defenders coming in to shoot on the edge of the box from a deflected corner, Tomori has scored one already and Christensen was not too far off yesterday. 

Yesterday was poor from us Frank has to look at us himself and the performances and take the learning points and then we march onwards.

Edited by Jasonb