• Current Donation Goals

15 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Only seen the highlights but every season it seems this the game that matters to them more than any other in the world. The crowd scream for everything , the ref agrees with them and we fold. I am going to put on £20 that they will lose their next game....and I dont even know who they are playing. 

Man Utd away

43 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I have the feeling some of the rotation is simply because he should be giving Christensen and Kovacic games, if only to be fair to them

Makes absolutely no sense, especially in light of the fact that Kovacic has played all 90 minutes in the three matches prior to Everton (and played four matches and scored two goals since you claimed he would not start more than 2-3 games the rest of the season) and dropping him for Jorginho would have been no issue if Frank wanted to (and not 'unfair' to him, whatever it was you meant by that). Truth is his form has been so good Frank has been overplaying him, and preferring him over other good players like Mount and Jorginho.

• Like 1

I've had to calm down after yesterday. I keep thinking we can't concede worse goals, then we do... often in the same game.

Lampard can train defensive systems as much as he likes, but if players are going to make such utterly stupid and unforced errors, there's almost nothing we can do.

Kepa, Zouma, and Christensen were utterly dreadful. Some of their worst performances. I really don't think Zouma and Christensen should be played together ever unless in an emergency. Their communication is awful and attackers always seem to find space between them.

The only player who is worthy of praise is Kovacic. I mean, wow, what a transformation.

I expect better. We better get it next week and against Tottenham. The latter could be absolutely awful if not.

42 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Plus , haven't we got Lille on Tuesday ?

Maybe SFL was ensuring they're both fresh for possibly our biggest game of the season?

Hope so.  But it is certainly a should win game.  And it is only a big game because of the two Ajax games and the 2nd Valencia games.  So at best 4th biggest, and 6th or lower if we win and have last 16 games.

39 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

That one less obvious because Kovacic probably MOTM for the last 3-4 games

He really hasn't been - he appeared good yesterday, but only because Everton sat so far back that it was easy to stand over the ball in his position and direct play.  It really was an example of how an ordinary player can't do what Jorginho does.  And that ignores all the times he gave the ball away in our half.

18 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Hope so.  But it is certainly a should win game.  And it is only a big game because of the two Ajax games and the 2nd Valencia games.  So at best 4th biggest, and 6th or lower if we win and have last 16 games.

He really hasn't been - he appeared good yesterday, but only because Everton sat so far back that it was easy to stand over the ball in his position and direct play.  It really was an example of how an ordinary player can't do what Jorginho does.  And that ignores all the times he gave the ball away in our half.

You need to stop digging on this one. You are mugging yourself of continuously on Kovacic.

Improved on assists ✔️ improved on general impact and responsibility in the team ✔️ Improved on goals ✔️ improved on dribbles and driving at the opposition ✔️ Kovacic claimed the manager has given him more freedom -clearly there to see in his performances ✔️ Kovacic has claimed the manager wants him to shoot more and add goals - 2 goals in 4 games ✔️ 

The weird and wonderful world of Droy - ‘He’s the same player from last season’ 

Need anyone say anymore !

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall
  • Thanks 2

On Kovacic, the one player in our side yesterday who most definitely did not deserve to be on a losing side. 

Bloke has been one of our top performers this season. Mount, Abraham might have been the headline makers, Kovacic has been the most consistent. Hopefully Frank has been resting Jorginho and pairs them up again soon. They’re a joy to watch together when both players play one or two touch football. 

I’d personally prefer to concentrate on the league this season. CL has far better sides than us in it. The EL has very solid sides in it and means even more games than the CL. Our best shot at a CL spot next season is via the league position, that’s my thoughts

• Like 1

Jasonb   
2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I think we are probably just overthinking things a little.

Tomori has done very well, but there were signs that an error was coming from him. I think Lamps just took him out for a couple of games to probably reset and get Tomori to focus more. Christensen did quite well on Wednesday, but then flopped yesterday. I expect Tomori will be back from Tuesday.

Same with Jorginho really. I think we lose a bit of our attacking threat playing all three centre mids. Kante has to play majority of games as most important. Kovacic form has been excellent and he offers more recovery pace without the ball and more pace and energy with the ball. He has had to be starting due to form.

Jorginho done nothing wrong really, just unfortunate the form of the other two is so high and he the least physical and slower option of the three. I don’t believe either of them are out of favour. 

I like this post a lot, I also thought Tomori looked a bit mentally ragged so hopefully will be mentally reset to come back in. 

I also agree if we play our 3 midfield players we are not threatening enough going forward.

I think all 3 of our midfielders are very good though the one I would play week in and out currently is Kovacic, then it's a toss up between Jorginho and Kante  with both having very different attributes.

2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

You need to stop digging on this one. You are mugging yourself of continuously on Kovacic.

Improved on assists ✔️ improved on general impact and responsibility in the team ✔️ Improved on goals ✔️ improved on dribbles and driving at the opposition ✔️ Kovacic claimed the manager has given him more freedom -clearly there to see in his performances ✔️ Kovacic has claimed the manager wants him to shoot more and add goals - 2 goals in 4 games ✔️ 

The weird and wonderful world of Droy - ‘He’s the same player from last season’ 

Need anyone say anymore !

1 from few to few

2 he is certainly a lot more important when Kante or Jorginho aren't playing.  Can't do what Mount does.

3  see 1

4  nonsense - he just dribbles more in his own half now.  Seriously it is quite clear he hardly ever takes a defender on.

5.  doh - so why has he spent most of this season in Kante's role when last season he was playing in Mount's role.  If you don't get now that comment to leading questions from the press is supposed just to maintain the good press we are getting, you never will.

6.  And Sarri didn't??  Why do you think Sarri kept swapping him with Barkley and RLC - you are allowed to think this stuff through.

It really is basic stuff.

18 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

1 from few to few

2 he is certainly a lot more important when Kante or Jorginho aren't playing.  Can't do what Mount does.

3  see 1

4  nonsense - he just dribbles more in his own half now.  Seriously it is quite clear he hardly ever takes a defender on.

5.  doh - so why has he spent most of this season in Kante's role when last season he was playing in Mount's role.  If you don't get now that comment to leading questions from the press is supposed just to maintain the good press we are getting, you never will.

6.  And Sarri didn't??  Why do you think Sarri kept swapping him with Barkley and RLC - you are allowed to think this stuff through.

It really is basic stuff.

I don’t know one person on here who supports your view on this. The Ghost backed you up to a point, but has since moved on as his support was more support for Sarri I that specific debate.

Yet virtually everyone else on this site can see Kovacic is different player to last season. Numerous on here are saying he has been our best player in the last few matches. His performances back this up, his numbers also back this up.

Now you are free to back your  opinion to the hilt, but when it’s one lone voice against a number of opposing voices, sometimes you just have to take a step back and think.........I probably have got this wrong!

A little bit of humility goes a long way 🙂

Kovacic , this year's Matic , I expect we can look forward to this debate ad nauseum now.

He's been our best player recently , much improved from what we saw last year .