• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

1 from few to few

2 he is certainly a lot more important when Kante or Jorginho aren't playing.  Can't do what Mount does.

3  see 1

4  nonsense - he just dribbles more in his own half now.  Seriously it is quite clear he hardly ever takes a defender on.

5.  doh - so why has he spent most of this season in Kante's role when last season he was playing in Mount's role.  If you don't get now that comment to leading questions from the press is supposed just to maintain the good press we are getting, you never will.

6.  And Sarri didn't??  Why do you think Sarri kept swapping him with Barkley and RLC - you are allowed to think this stuff through.

It really is basic stuff.

 

 

A bit of additional advice. You have repeated exactly the same points to me time and time again. I read them the first time and so did others, with virtually zero support for them.

Your points will not change because they are history. Kovacic now will and can change because it’s the present.

You don’t seem to grasp this....maybe you never will and we can read it all again when Kova has his next bad game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Yet virtually everyone else on this site can see Kovacic is different player to last season. 

I don't know how - he has only played 3 or 4 games in the same role.  Yesterday he was not quite Jorginho - same as last season. Ditto for Kante for more games.
3rd best midfielder last season, 4th best this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't know how - he has only played 3 or 4 games in the same role.  Yesterday he was not quite Jorginho - same as last season. Ditto for Kante for more games.
3rd best midfielder last season, 4th best this season.

And yet Frank has continuously picked him over the others. And he knows the squad and football in general much much better than you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tammy's right foot said:

And yet Frank has continuously picked him over the others.

Plain untrue - and I really have no idea why you would think that.

Only in about 4 games all season - all the others Kante or Jorginho has been unfit or injured.  And in one of those 4 Mount was played LW.  

Which midfielder would Lampard prefer Kovacic over?  Kante, Jorginho or Mount?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Plain untrue - and I really have no idea why you would think that.

Only in about 4 games all season - all the others Kante or Jorginho has been unfit or injured.  And in one of those 4 Mount was played LW.  

Which midfielder would Lampard prefer Kovacic over?  Kante, Jorginho or Mount?

You must have some inside information because I’m not aware of these injuries or fitness issues Jorginho has had.

I remember him being suspended recently, but can’t recall any injury. 

Still as a man who wants evidence and quotes from others to prove their point, I’m sure you’ll be providing this evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Plain untrue - and I really have no idea why you would think that.

Only in about 4 games all season - all the others Kante or Jorginho has been unfit or injured.  And in one of those 4 Mount was played LW.  

Which midfielder would Lampard prefer Kovacic over?  Kante, Jorginho or Mount?

Man City and Valencia, Kova preferred over Mount. Played vs West Ham with Kante on the bench. Aston Villa and Everton played both games 90 minutes with a fit Jorginho on the bench. Not substituted in ANY of these games.

4 starts, 2 goals since your prediction.

 

Kovacic.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tammy's right foot said:

Man City and Valencia, Kova preferred over Mount. Played vs West Ham with Kante on the bench. Aston Villa and Everton played both games 90 minutes with a fit Jorginho on the bench. Not substituted in ANY of these games.

4 starts, 2 goals since your prediction.

 

You did quote the "prediction" before.  I answered the point then. Find the line and we can discuss what "I would be surprised" about.  You'll find it on the later pages of the Man City thread.

 

Great photo though - nice one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   

I remember Kovacic getting a hard time  last season,I posted there was something about him I liked and wasn't playing to his potential - Frank has got the best out of him no doubt.Midfield is not the major problem it once was,I like the combination of Kova,Mount and Kante,of course we need more options in that area.

The biggest problem we have is in defence.We have a ropey keeper, an over the hill right back and a centre back that looks more suited to a bouncer in a nightclub.I like the thought of Emerson,Tomori,Rudi and James in defence,and a different keeper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 2:58 PM, kev61 said:

The first thing he should do is stop  farting about at the back,and if he doesn't drop kepa tell him when the ball is at his feet to launch it towards Tammy  or get it as far away from himself as possible.

Building from the back hasn't been that bad this season IMO. Tomori suffered a dip in form a bit but that's expected from the youngster.

Overall, I think Jorginho has to come back as he is an easy out ball for the centre backs and we haven't looked any better without him. In fact, we have (expectedly IMO) looked worse. Azpili at LB also isn't working out. If Reece James stays at RB, then Emerson has to return and Azpili has to go to the bench. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   
17 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Building from the back hasn't been that bad this season IMO. Tomori suffered a dip in form a bit but that's expected from the youngster.

Overall, I think Jorginho has to come back as he is an easy out ball for the centre backs and we haven't looked any better without him. In fact, we have (expectedly IMO) looked worse. Azpili at LB also isn't working out. If Reece James stays at RB, then Emerson has to return and Azpili has to go to the bench. 

Well,as I said before Jorghino is a poor mans Fabregas - what does he do exactly that he excels at?,he is not a premiership player he suits serie a, he is too slow.Our results since he hasn't played are pure coincidence.

Our results recently are to do with an abysmal defence.Replace zouma,kepa and azpi and we will look a completely different team imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.