• Current Donation Goals

Kovacic is class, I said it when we he joined on loan and most didn't want him here due to being a reject and not having good enough stats.

I said it during the whole of last season when most couldn't see what was staring them in the face , but wanted to argue about how awful the manager and football was.

I said it this summer when most/pretty much all didn't want to sign him due to those two points.

He is our best midfielder right now, has been our best player this season and if I had to pick one of the three it would be him. If I had to pick a pair it would be him and Jorginho. We have played much better with the two of them than when Kante has been paired with either. It's not a dig at Kante as he is the best player in the world at what he does but it is not even debatable that right now Kovacic is our best midfielder and arguably our best player.

I'm not getting drawn into a pointless argument about who said what, how it's been misinterpreted and why everybody else is wrong. Kovacic has quite simply been brilliant this season, will continue to be first choice for the foreseeable future and is guaranteed to start all our games in the coming weeks when Frank picks his best side. He only misses out when he needs a rest, other than that he's one of the first names on the team sheet.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Kovacic is class, I said it when we he joined on loan and most didn't want him here due to being a reject and not having good enough stats.

I said it during the whole of last season when most couldn't see what was staring them in the face , but wanted to argue about how awful the manager and football was.

I said it this summer when most/pretty much all didn't want to sign him due to those two points.

He is our best midfielder right now, has been our best player this season and if I had to pick one of the three it would be him. If I had to pick a pair it would be him and Jorginho. We have played much better with the two of them than when Kante has been paired with either. It's not a dig at Kante as he is the best player in the world at what he does but it is not even debatable that right now Kovacic is our best midfielder and arguably our best player.

I'm not getting drawn into a pointless argument about who said what, how it's been misinterpreted and why everybody else is wrong. Kovacic has quite simply been brilliant this season, will continue to be first choice for the foreseeable future and is guaranteed to start all our games in the coming weeks when Frank picks his best side. He only misses out when he needs a rest, other than that he's one of the first names on the team sheet.

Quite. 

He really didn't deserve to lose on Saturday. 

11 hours ago, kev61 said:

I remember Kovacic getting a hard time  last season,I posted there was something about him I liked and wasn't playing to his potential - Frank has got the best out of him no doubt.Midfield is not the major problem it once was,I like the combination of Kova,Mount and Kante,of course we need more options in that area.

Yes.  You really were strong on Kovacic and strong against Jorginho last year.  I still think you are wrong, but you do seem to have won over a few fans.

3 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I would certainly debate that.  4th best this year, 3rd best last year.  But he was good last year playing in the deeper roles.

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Quite. 

He really didn't deserve to lose on Saturday. 

Just to clarify - had we had 70% possession and total freedom to play from the "Jorginho" position and lost 3-1 with Jorginho playing, he'd have been rightly crucified.  The way Everton set up would have been a wet dream for Jorginho or Fabregas or even Matic.