• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League match against Lille at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00, Tuesday 10th December 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Make or break time . Must win . Please no Zouma on the left ever again.

chelboy   
29 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Make or break time . Must win . Please no Zouma on the left ever again.

I have no clue why he went back to the left. It was odd from Frank. Pretty sure every game he has played there has been awful. Definitely looks better on the right. Not a fan of swapping CB’s left and right. Keep them on one side. 

58 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I have no clue why he went back to the left. It was odd from Frank. Pretty sure every game he has played there has been awful. Definitely looks better on the right. Not a fan of swapping CB’s left and right. Keep them on one side. 

Even JT suffered once for England and had a shocker.

As I said at the start of the season, dropping into the Ropey may be best for us as I still think 4th by seasons end may be a reach; unless we have an amazing Jan window. For that reason, I am fairly relaxed as a win will probably mean second and a PSG or Barca where we will get spanked with our defending. Further, they are also pretty crappy away days as we have faced them so often. One thing about the Ropey is that you get much better away trips which is nice for those of us that do this. 

17 minutes ago, King Kante said:

As I said at the start of the season, dropping into the Ropey may be best for us as I still think 4th by seasons end may be a reach; unless we have an amazing Jan window. For that reason, I am fairly relaxed as a win will probably mean second and a PSG or Barca where we will get spanked with our defending. Further, they are also pretty crappy away days as we have faced them so often. One thing about the Ropey is that you get much better away trips which is nice for those of us that do this. 

I actually think that going out of the CL in the R16 or QFs would be best for our squad, so we'd be back to one game a week and hopefully manage to keep our place in the top 4.

9 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

I actually think that going out of the CL in the R16 or QFs would be best for our squad, so we'd be back to one game a week and hopefully manage to keep our place in the top 4.

Yeah, I understand that. However, winning the Ropey and finishing 5-6th is better from a financial stand point than R16 and I would always take a trophy over a PL 4th finish. Obviously, you have to beat other teams but with the way the Ropey is shaping up, the only big teams in it will be Sevilla, Utd, Le Arse and Dortmund who I think we have a good chance against. 

Edited by King Kante

Our most important game of the season, thanks in part to Ross Barkley and his idiocy in that first game. All to play for here and hope Frank gets it right.

Prediction: 2-1 to us