• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 2

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Tottenham at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:30, Sunday 22nd December, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Too much negativity on here at the moment even though I can understand it given the nice period we have had before the most recent slump. This was always going to happen with this squad, it's inexperienced and players like Mount has had a harder time lately. Abraham ditto.

This game is away, and we are a much better team playing away these days. I think we will manage a hard-fought draw or even nick it with one goal. I'd be playing;

Arrizabalaga

James         Rüdiger     Tomori     Azpilicueta 

Kanté           Jorginho      Kovacic

Willian                  Abraham                  Pulisic

Subs: Caballero, Emerson, Zouma, Barkley, Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Batshuayi

• Like 1

A few options to consider ahead of this one , in terms of shape and personal. I think its almost a certainty that Kovacic will come back in to this game, probably alongside Jorginho and Kante. I would bring CHO in here, I know he has looked poor from the bench recently, but he might just be one of those players that struggles to pick up the pace of the game from the bench as he has looked too bad to be true at times. I'm convinced we will such a much better performance should he start.

I'd be tempted by three at the back here, but we might find it a little difficult fitting in all three of Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho with three at the back. Unless you went 3-1-4-1-1 which is pretty untried and untested with the squad. I'd personally also consider the option of Reece James in holding midfielder role for this game, but again it probably forces out midfielders who are better on the ball in central areas if using James to sit and break up play. I just think it could be useful having someone in there with some physicality to do a similar job to what Dier and to some degree Sissoko will do for Spurs.

Lots of pieces that could fit, hopefully Frank will find the right balance.

Jasonb   
22 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Too much negativity on here at the moment even though I can understand it given the nice period we have had before the most recent slump. This was always going to happen with this squad, it's inexperienced and players like Mount has had a harder time lately. Abraham ditto.

This game is away, and we are a much better team playing away these days. I think we will manage a hard-fought draw or even nick it with one goal. I'd be playing;

Arrizabalaga

James         Rüdiger     Tomori     Azpilicueta 

Kanté           Jorginho      Kovacic

Willian                  Abraham                  Pulisic

Subs: Caballero, Emerson, Zouma, Barkley, Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Batshuayi

Emerson for Azpi for me as otherwise I think JM will target that side.

Interestingly we haven't won with 3 in midfield this season.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

Emerson for Azpi for me as otherwise I think JM will target that side.

Over what sample size? 

2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

You think Mount hasn't been playing in midfield?  It looks like midfield to me.  

If you mean we haven't won with Jorginho/Kante/Kovacic starting, I am a little surprised.  (Lille last week, but I guess you meant PL).

But certainly it is an accurate point that the handful of games where Kovacic has played ahead of Mount have coincided with our worst run since 15/16. 
I stick to my claim - Kovacic can't play that No 8 role well, though he deputises for Jorginho or Kante brilliantly.

JaneB   

I dreamt last night that we lost 5 - 1.  I pray this isn't a bad omen and that my looking into the future is as inaccurate as Mark Kelly's.

(Apologies to MK if it's not him but I'm sure he has in the past forecast a bad result in the middle of a match or rubbished one of our players who then goes and scores).