• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 2

paulw66   
33 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You think Mount hasn't been playing in midfield?  It looks like midfield to me.  

If you mean we haven't won with Jorginho/Kante/Kovacic starting, I am a little surprised.  (Lille last week, but I guess you meant PL).

But certainly it is an accurate point that the handful of games where Kovacic has played ahead of Mount have coincided with our worst run since 15/16. 
I stick to my claim - Kovacic can't play that No 8 role well, though he deputises for Jorginho or Kante brilliantly.

They can't have started as a 3 very often. 

16 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I dreamt last night that we lost 5 - 1.  I pray this isn't a bad omen and that my looking into the future is as inaccurate as Mark Kelly's.

(Apologies to MK if it's not him but I'm sure he has in the past forecast a bad result in the middle of a match or rubbished one of our players who then goes and scores).

I did it last night with Zaha funnily enough , slated him and then bam !

• Haha 1

I'm worried about this one, Spurs will be so up for this and the mind games will no doubt begin soon from Jose. If I were Frank I'd look to get as much experience into this team as possible.

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Zouma Emerson

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Tammy Pulisic

Bench: Caballero, Tomori/Christensen, James, Barkley, CHO, Giroud, Bats

I'd currently take a draw and stop them from going above us, but don't think it will be easy. Jose would love to give us and Frank a thrashing, no doubt.

59 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

They can't have started as a 3 very often. 

True - it is about 6 times, with at least one of those having Mount at LW.

If we're not up for this one then we're in the wrong business !

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'm worried about this one, Spurs will be so up for this and the mind games will no doubt begin soon from Jose. If I were Frank I'd look to get as much experience into this team as possible.

The experienced players are some of the most culpable ones at the moment. Kante for instance is well below par and Azpili and Kepa too. 

1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

The experienced players are some of the most culpable ones at the moment. Kante for instance is well below par and Azpili and Kepa too. 

I don't disagree with your point, but for me these kind of games are different and experience will be very important. I'd possibly bring James in for Azpi, purely because of his ability, but Azpi has a lot of know-how for this kind of game.

Ham   
37 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Zouma Emerson

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

CHO Tammy Pulisic

Alonso is normally good against them. He at least has a goal threat. 

I'd be tempted to put him in for Emerson if he's fit. He certainly trained today. 

I'd be asking him to be a bit more conservative than normal in open play.

Jasonb   
21 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

You think Mount hasn't been playing in midfield?  It looks like midfield to me.  

If you mean we haven't won with Jorginho/Kante/Kovacic starting, I am a little surprised.  (Lille last week, but I guess you meant PL).

But certainly it is an accurate point that the handful of games where Kovacic has played ahead of Mount have coincided with our worst run since 15/16. 
I stick to my claim - Kovacic can't play that No 8 role well, though he deputises for Jorginho or Kante brilliantly.

Yes I had the PL in mind and I didn't include Mount.

So with the one exception of Lille who we were expected to beat, we have not won a match where Jorginho/Kante/Kovacic have all started.