• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 2

JaneB   

Only an observation.

Just see an article on Mail Online (where else? balanced as ever) suggesting that Toni Rudiger might have been wrong in what he thought he heard at Tottenham and that we shouldn't be so quick to judge on 'alleged racism'.  It would seem that no concrete evidence has been forthcoming and that it surely would have been because Spurs are so proud of the diverse community they are situated in and someone would have reported it by now.

Pity Chelsea are never afforded that courtesy.  Guilty as charged.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Only an observation.

Just see an article on Mail Online (where else? balanced as ever) suggesting that Toni Rudiger might have been wrong in what he thought he heard at Tottenham and that we shouldn't be so quick to judge on 'alleged racism'.  It would seem that no concrete evidence has been forthcoming and that it surely would have been because Spurs are so proud of the diverse community they are situated in and someone would have reported it by now.

Didn't see that...... The chap at Chelsea got banned, lost his job, had his address posted online........and then he was found not guilty.  And that incident is still referred to the "Sterling racism incident" not "Sterling got shouted at" incident. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Only an observation.

I'd love to know what club Ian Ladyboy supports . 

I expect it rhymes with Rottenham .

JaneB   
37 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Didn't see that...... The chap at Chelsea got banned, lost his job, had his address posted online........and then he was found not guilty.  And that incident is still referred to the "Sterling racism incident" not "Sterling got shouted at" incident. 

I'm still confused as to what the final outcome was to all that 🤔

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'd love to know what club Ian Ladyboy supports . 

I expect it rhymes with Rottenham .

I think he's from up north so probably a club up there.

5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I'm still confused as to what the final outcome was to all that 🤔

I think he's from up north so probably a club up there.

Liverpool it is then 

What a surprise, police have closed the case, monkey chants against Rodiger, no evidence so he imagined it

2 minutes ago, Never happy said:

What a surprise, police have closed the case, monkey chants against Rodiger, no evidence so he imagined it

Three appeals over the tannoy , items thrown on the pitch and the only person charged was a Chelsea fan.

Still , I suppose it gives them carte Blanche to carry on singing a song about being an army that 99 percent of them aren't qualified to join .

Ham   
3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Three appeals over the tannoy , items thrown on the pitch and the only person charged was a Chelsea fan.

Still , I suppose it gives them carte Blanche to carry on singing a song about being an army that 99 percent of them aren't qualified to join .

I've said it before but can you imagine if the Y word was replaced with the N word with the same rationale given? 

THFC Supporters trust statement;

A small minority of our fanbase was racially abused in the past and so our 90% white fanbase can sing "N army" and "N****rs". 

Jasonb   
On 06/01/2020 at 9:12 PM, Ham said:

I've said it before but can you imagine if the Y word was replaced with the N word with the same rationale given? 

THFC Supporters trust statement;

A small minority of our fanbase was racially abused in the past and so our 90% white fanbase can sing "N army" and "N****rs". 

Yet what if THFC or Arsenal's black fans started singing N army.......... I kind of think nothing would change.

Ham   
5 hours ago, Jasonb said:

Yet what if THFC or Arsenal's black fans started singing N army.......... I kind of think nothing would change.

They would have every right to sing it/own it. White fans wouldn't which highlights the discrepancy in the Spud argument.