• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Southampton 2

Kova out and Azpi has a slight knock. Expect Jorgy and James to come in. I would personally lean towards Tomori and Emerson however Zouma and Alonso could easily get the nod. Interested to see if Willian continues on the left. 

Kepa

James  Rudi  Tomori   Emerson

Kante Jorginho

Pulisic   Mount    Willian

Tammy 

With so many matches coming up, Kova suspended, Azpi with a slight knock, changes are obviously inevitable, but I guess the real decision will be formation, do we go 3 at the back again or not? My guess is Tourhampton will play with Long and Ings together, in which case 3 at the back may be better in terms of giving us the extra man. Mount was superb against Spurs, but not sure he has enough in the tank to do that for another 90 mins and then again vs Arsenal, so I'd maybe give him the rest here. I would go with:

Kepa

Rudiger Zouma Tomori

James Kante Jorginho Alonso

Pulisic Tammy Willian

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Emerson, Barkley, Mount, CHO, Bats

Hopefully, we can get into a good position and then bring on Emerson and CHO to see how they get on in this formation.

Just win, please.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

Kova out and Azpi has a slight knock. Expect Jorgy and James to come in. I would personally lean towards Tomori and Emerson however Zouma and Alonso could easily get the nod. Interested to see if Willian continues on the left. 

Kepa

James  Rudi  Tomori   Emerson

Kante Jorginho

Pulisic   Mount    Willian

Tammy 

That’s the one for me as well. 

Would love to see Willian on the left again , I'm sure I read that was his favourite position and although he's generally been excellent this season , he truly excelled there against the Spuds .

kev61   
26 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Would love to see Willian on the left again , I'm sure I read that was his favourite position and although he's generally been excellent this season , he truly excelled there against the Spuds .

Yes Willian on the left like Robben played on the right,and then with more matches on board,CHO on the right at times.Everyone excited after the spurs win,don't get too excited,expect spurs to suffer this season, and their football less than easy on the eye with a washed up manager.

So whilst I loved the win,spurs are in turmoil.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

He does shoot better than he crosses so cutting in makes sense.  Some have suggested on here that he was always a LW but Hazard played there.
To think his first game of the season after some injury was awful, and he was widely written off.

A thumping and trumping Chelsea win

That's what it says on my tin

And it won't go off anyone's shins

Or their pins

Cuz Chelsea's always win

And its got 7-0 written all over it

Because Southampton are a bit ****

They'll probably forget their kit

And look like a bunch of tits

As we look like wits

And rip them to bits

17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

He does shoot better than he crosses so cutting in makes sense.  Some have suggested on here that he was always a LW but Hazard played there.
To think his first game of the season after some injury was awful, and he was widely written off.

He has always been very good on the right but I've always felt when he gets a chance either from the left or at 10 he goes up another level. He is very one footed so coming from that side opens up half the pitch which better utilises his fantastic range of passing and also as you mention, to shoot more often. With Hazard around it was rarely an option, without we should be putting our best forward in his best place. 

He's been our best player all season predominantly from the right, would love to see him finally get a run from the other side. 

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby

Jasonb   
On 24/12/2019 at 2:30 PM, My Blood Is Blue said:

With so many matches coming up, Kova suspended, Azpi with a slight knock, changes are obviously inevitable, but I guess the real decision will be formation, do we go 3 at the back again or not? My guess is Tourhampton will play with Long and Ings together, in which case 3 at the back may be better in terms of giving us the extra man. Mount was superb against Spurs, but not sure he has enough in the tank to do that for another 90 mins and then again vs Arsenal, so I'd maybe give him the rest here. I would go with:

Kepa

Rudiger Zouma Tomori

James Kante Jorginho Alonso

Pulisic Tammy Willian

I would go three at the back too, if they judge Mount to need a rest then would agree to go with Pulisic.

Blue Rod   

When we have underperformed this season it has had very little to do with formation or lineup. I could almost predict our result in every match from the first kick of the ball based on the intensity of our play.

Lampard's formation against Spurs was brilliant, but the little thing that made the biggest difference was that we were quicker than Spurs to every single ball, turning around lost causes. That is what we need in every match if we are to finish top 4

• Like 1
  • Haha 1