• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Southampton 2

Jasonb   
18 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Our best midfield by far is Jorginho, Kante and Mount.  No one else comes close.  Kovacic works as a capable sub for the first two.  We don't have a capable sub for Mount (he really is good, while Kovacic is crap in that role, and the other option is just crap).

Although Mount is often played in a midfield role I can never think of him as a midfielder think he is too attack minded.

1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

Although Mount is often played in a midfield role I can never think of him as a midfielder think he is too attack minded.

Which is why he is the only player we have suited for that 8 role.  No one else knows how to do both.

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Which is why he is the only player we have suited for that 8 role.  No one else knows how to do both.

I'm looking forward to Loftus-Cheek at 8 and Mount wide. We might have quite a wait though.

The benching of the players we almost all agree aren't up to it (Pedro, Giroud, Batshuayi, Barkley, Alonso) has been pleasing, but has exhausted our decent players. We need replacements and we need them now.

16 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

I'm looking forward to Loftus-Cheek at 8 and Mount wide. We might have quite a wait though.

Well he is no better in CM than Barkley.  He might well do just as well as Mount out wide.  Indeed restricting him to dribbling in attacking situations might well be a good thing.

Can't help but thinking RLC is fully fit in all but mind right now - not that I have any evidence.

18 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

The benching of the players we almost all agree aren't up to it (Pedro, Giroud, Batshuayi, Barkley, Alonso) has been pleasing, but has exhausted our decent players. We need replacements and we need them now.

Yes - or as I would call it the emergence of 3 or 4 players that do not require dropping after every 90 mins.  That and the return to near fitness of Kante and Rudiger, and to some form by Kepa.  Either way it is a big and good step towards the rebuild.

27 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Wash your mouth out. 

Sorry - I meant specifically in the defensive duties of a CM.  With the ball he is good.  In fact at just moving the ball on instead of pausing the game waiting for inspiration while the oppo get back in position, he is very good.  Half a player better than Barkley.

Mind you, Barkley has been injured a lot this season.  I'm sure he'll have got a lot better in the minds of some.  Could become a bit of a lost legend, like Benayoun. 

kev61   

Why do people try to anaylise shite! - Drinkwater and Barkley  are surplus to any requirements and Jorginho is getting close.Dump the players that haven't a clue and shuffle the pack before buying a marguee signing.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Mind you, Barkley has been injured a lot this season.

Well that's one story, I guess. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm sure he'll have got a lot better in the minds of some.  Could become a bit of a lost legend, like Benayoun. 

Absolutely. This is what usually happens......:).