• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Southampton 2

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Southampton at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Thursday, 26th December, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

A win will do

Any sort of win 

Yep. Yesterday don’t mean sh*t if not backed up here.

I hope Frank don’t do same as post Villa game and pick  same 11 due to yesterday’s performance. We will need some changes because I would want that same 11 Vs Arsenal next weekend.

Bring in Jorginho, James, CHO, Pulisic for this game against Southampton.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

We must fight as hard as we did against Spurs as this lot are fighting for their Premier league survival . They're not rubbish either , we cannot expect to just turn up and do them .

Jasonb   

Jorginho is probably in due to Kovacic's booking. James at RB looks to be a good move and possibly Pulisic for Mount. I think a few changes yet not too many as we do need to beat Southampton to stop Spurs who are likely to be on the rebound from yesterday. The Saints can also spring a shock result.

paulw66   
27 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We must fight as hard as we did against Spurs as this lot are fighting for their Premier league survival . They're not rubbish either , we cannot expect to just turn up and do them .

No, they are not in the worst 3 teams in the league IMO. And in Danny Ings, they have a goalscorer. 

25 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Jorginho is probably in due to Kovacic's booking. James at RB looks to be a good move and possibly Pulisic for Mount. I think a few changes yet not too many as we do need to beat Southampton to stop Spurs who are likely to be on the rebound from yesterday. The Saints can also spring a shock result.

That's a given. 

1 hour ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Yep. Yesterday don’t mean sh*t if not backed up here.

I hope Frank don’t do same as post Villa game and pick  same 11 due to yesterday’s performance. We will need some changes because I would want that same 11 Vs Arsenal next weekend.

Bring in Jorginho, James, CHO, Pulisic for this game against Southampton.

Yes, it will be a big come down. I'd still be tempted with 3 at the back as I think it suits our personnel better. 

Sciatika   

Their next fixture is Saturday against Palace who they will perceive as more beatable. So, they might choose to play a rotated side. Still decent players though.

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Their next fixture is Saturday against Palace who they will perceive as more beatable. So, they might choose to play a rotated side. Still decent players though.

Or they may look at our home results and lick their lips. 

bONes   

We need to fight as energetically as we did against Spurs and then we’ll be ok

loved that Mount gave them some kicking instead of shying away as our team did against Everton for example when Calvert Lewin bullied Christensen

Edited by bONes