• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Willian Departs And Signs For Arsenal

I have struggled to understand why Willian gets such a bad wrap here. So he is not flamboyant but he game us another winning performance today against Spurs.

Can people get off his back or at least help me understand why opinion on him is so divisive

• Like 1

kratos   

Will's quality has never been in doubt. On his day he can be awesome but unfortunately his problem is consistency, he can look the part one game and look awful the next 6.

But he shined today and I do love him because he hates Spurs too.

22 minutes ago, kratos said:

Will's quality has never been in doubt. On his day he can be awesome but unfortunately his problem is consistency, he can look the part one game and look awful the next 6.

But he shined today and I do love him because he hates Spurs too.

Been great for about 6 games now.  

Bison   
10 hours ago, exiledblue said:

I have struggled to understand why Willian gets such a bad wrap here. So he is not flamboyant but he game us another winning performance today against Spurs.

Can people get off his back or at least help me understand why opinion on him is so divisive

Surely you can understand that Willian faces criticism because of a lack of productivity. He doesn't score or assist anywhere near as often as an attacker at a top club should. Goals win games and Willian neither scores or creates them at a good enough rate.

Yesterday was arguably Willian's best ever Chelsea performance. That is SIX years into his Chelsea career and I can think of only 2 or 3 games that he has played at that level.

Edited by Bison

4 minutes ago, Bison said:

Surely you can understand that Willian faces criticism because of a lack of productivity. He doesn't score or assist anywhere near as often as an attacker at a top club should. Goals win games and Willian neither scores or creates them at a good enough rate.

Yesterday was arguably Willian's best ever Chelsea performance. That is SIX years into his Chelsea career and I can think of only 2 or 3 games that he has played at that level.

Thats what is interesting, I dont see that, yes I live in Itally and dont see the game in the stadium but we do get almost all games live here and I always think he offers a lot to the games, he seems always ready to run at players and as such pulls in a defender making other space if not always making goals for others.

Jasonb   
8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Been great for about 6 games now.  

I also think he has been consistently good this season too.

chelboy   
11 hours ago, exiledblue said:

He will always be a player that splits the fanbase. The thing that makes me scratch my head with Willian is when I look at the quality he has I wonder how he doesn’t produce more goals and assists. We can say the assist department is down to other people finishing and stuff but goals wise he should be bagging 10 per season minimum. Last season for example Kante scored more PL goals than him. That should never be happening. 

This is the best Willian we have seen by a distance compared to previous seasons and you can even say he could be on double figures by now with some of the chances he has had. 

He will always puzzle me as to why he hasn’t done more in the past but this season is definitely his best. It’s probably going to be his last too. 

He's had a very good season so far , I'd like to think it wasn't because he's after a new contract but ....

paulw66   

He has been consistently picked by Mourinho, Hiddink, Conte, Sarri, and now Lampard.

Whatever people's own opinions are about all of the above, they are surely not all idiots in anyone's eyes.