• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Willian Departs And Signs For Arsenal

asvaberg   

Thanks for your effort, Willian. 

paulw66   
On 09/08/2020 at 9:45 PM, Dingus said:

What, so every leaving player has to be showered with praise?

As I said, appreciate the contributions but just didn’t like him as a player and I’m glad he won’t be blocking other players progression in the squad.

Surely you can see the difference between "showered with praise" and saying, "what a day" when he leaves, all of which contradicts the bolded bit. 

Sir   

Really looking forward to the Arsenal interview.. I’ll take a good guess:

‘I’m really pleased to be joining a big club like Arsenal. Once I knew the interest from them and I spoke to the manager I was even more convinced to join them and this exciting project. I want to help Arsenal win some titles and get them back in Champions League football. I had a wonderful time at Chelsea and I’m looking forward to starting this new chapter in my career’

So what have I missed? :)

Sciatika   

If it were Liverpool he would be required to say that he was Liverpool fan in his childhood.

• Like 1

paulw66   

Reports today that Arteta plans to play Willian in the 10 role. Would suit him more than the right wing IMO. 

48 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Reports today that Arteta plans to play Willian in the 10 role. Would suit him more than the right wing IMO. 

We will see.  I suspect that "the No 10 role" doesn't exist as a modern 90 min role.  Rather it is either a 2nd striker who drops of for brief periods, or more often , rather it is somewhere that a wideman or a No8 type CM plays for a minute or two before letting someone else have a go.  By that definition Pedro, Willian, Hazard, Barkley, RLC , Mount and Pulisic have been sharing the No10 role for about 6 years now.

Sir   
23 hours ago, Sciatika said:

If it were Liverpool he would be required to say that he was Liverpool fan in his childhood.

Very true!

paulw66   

Reports today suggesting Willian will cost Arsenal £35m in wages / signing on fees for his 3 years. Mental (if true)

Sciatika   

Deciding to lay off 55 employees at the same time won't be popular.

Ham   
9 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Deciding to lay off 55 employees at the same time won't be popular.

To be fair that's probably more to do with the fact that stadiums won't need as many staff for the foreseeable. 

I'd imagine we'll all be doing it.