• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Willian Departs And Signs For Arsenal

Sciatika   

Possibly true, but it won't make it popular. It is natural for people to ask whether knocking a million off of Willian's package would have impacted his choice to go to Arsenal and, if so, what proportion of the jobs could have been saved as a result. It may not be reasonable (or fair) but the comparison will be made.

paulw66   
34 minutes ago, Ham said:

To be fair that's probably more to do with the fact that stadiums won't need as many staff for the foreseeable. 

I'd imagine we'll all be doing it.  

I'm not so sure. It is awful PR when clubs pay players 10m a year, and 55 employees, whose combined annual salary is likely to be somewhere between 1.5m and 2.5m a year, are laid off. 

in this specific case, Willian has ALLEDGEDLY been offered 220k a week. If that salary went down to 180k a week, that would pay for the 55 redundant workers. and that's just one player. 

The famous no 12 shirt.

JaneB   

https://www.arsenal.com/

Blah blah blah blah blah.....all the usual pointless cliches from Willian and Arteta, and if he is worth £220,000 a week then even I could play on the wing for Asenal and earn a decent wage.

I hope he's a massive flop :-( 

All I can say is good luck to the lad.  He was excellent for us for 7 years, contributing to many title successes.  At his age though, I'm not sure how many more good years he has left in him, not many of our players (if any) have gone to Arsenal and set the world alight.

• Like 1

Sir   

I still think regardless of our squad next season it’s gonna suck a little seeing him in an Arsenal shirt.. a little different but I guess in the same way Giroud left them and came to us. That must of sucked. But, as I said previously, I still would of liked him to stay here for another couple of years and I’m disappointed it didn’t happen (for whatever reason) because unless someone can tell me, I don’t know what officially we offered versus officially of what deal he’s been given at Arsenal. And I don’t care what anyone else says, it does diminish his legacy here a little, for me anyway.

chara   
8 hours ago, JaneB said:

https://www.arsenal.com/

Blah blah blah blah blah.....all the usual pointless cliches from Willian and Arteta, and if he is worth £220,000 a week then even I could play on the wing for Asenal and earn a decent wage.

I hope he's a massive flop :-( 

Wow.....That from Jane is akin to a tsunami..... something I am too craven to post but have to guiltily admit to agreeing with. Something is out of kilter here.....this isn't a last minute deal because Chelsea only offered a two year deal.....

• Like 1

Personally I think he's been sulking and not injured and have a sneaky feeling Lamps kind words are hiding his true feelings. 

He's had his moments and  I hate to risk ridicule here I'm glad he's gone.

Slows everything down to a crawl and isn't as good as he thinks he is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Personally I think he's been sulking and not injured and have a sneaky feeling Lamps kind words are hiding his true feelings. 

He's had his moments and  I hate to risk ridicule here I'm glad he's gone.

Slows everything down to a crawl and isn't as good as he thinks he is. 

I  always thought we should have sold him a few seasons ago when Barca were possibly interested.