• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Willian Departs And Signs For Arsenal

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Personally I think he's been sulking and not injured and have a sneaky feeling Lamps kind words are hiding his true feelings. 

People are always going on about Willian sulking.
He started the first 10 games of lockdown, was only subbed off in 3 of them, and missed just 3.
Doesn't sound like a player sulking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
58 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

People are always going on about Willian sulking.
He started the first 10 games of lockdown, was only subbed off in 3 of them, and missed just 3.
Doesn't sound like a player sulking.

To be honest I think it's just his face. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, blueandproud said:

All I can say is good luck to the lad.  He was excellent for us for 7 years, contributing to many title successes.  At his age though, I'm not sure how many more good years he has left in him, not many of our players (if any) have gone to Arsenal and set the world alight.

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   

I read somewhere;

"Arsenal players go to Chelsea to win titles whereas Chelsea players go to Arsenal to stay in London"

Hard to argue really.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasonb   
On 8/15/2020 at 10:10 AM, Ham said:

I read somewhere;

"Arsenal players go to Chelsea to win titles whereas Chelsea players go to Arsenal to stay in London"

Hard to argue really.

Hold that thought, might have been true a year ago yet since their FA Cup win over us I wouldn't gloat just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kratos   
36 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Hold that thought, might have been true a year ago yet since their FA Cup win over us I wouldn't gloat just yet.

Only because Emirates need their little team to win something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasonb   
23 hours ago, kratos said:

Only because Emirates need their little team to win something.

Yes they needed it more than us though see they are the next team above us the club medal haul, we will need to go some to overtake that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kratos   
8 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Yes they needed it more than us though see they are the next team above us the club medal haul, we will need to go some to overtake that.

I hear you Jason. The only thing I'll say is if Pulisic's hamstring doesn't go the moment he's about to pull the trigger then I think the outcome could have been different.

But hey fine lines right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasonb   
4 hours ago, kratos said:

I hear you Jason. The only thing I'll say is if Pulisic's hamstring doesn't go the moment he's about to pull the trigger then I think the outcome could have been different.

But hey fine lines right?

Agree and hopefully as we get some defensive acquisitions this season so we improve, here's hoping that happens sooner rather than later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   

Usually I wish departing effective and loyal long term Chelsea players the best of luck and a "Thank You" but the whole Willian saga has left me feeling a bit uneasy. Something a bit odd about the whole deal.

Chelsea were very accommodating offering a two year deal but that wasn't enough?...If he really wanted to stay at SB surely that would have been a sufficient offer?...if he was still producing after two years another year might have been forthcoming or at least negotiable.

Sorry..left a bad taste.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now