• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Willian Departs And Signs For Arsenal

13 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Two assists in his first game for Arsenal. 

Its a real shame he’s not here, he’ll win them quite a few points this season for sure. 

I made it 3 assists, don't you get one for a shot palmed away to the keeper.  And he hit the post from a free kick.  

Standing almost on the goal line for a cross with Aubang right besides him - Arsenal play quite differently to us.  All those players getting in the box should help him a lot.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Please tell me were not going to have to listen to an endless drone about how great Willian is when he's been dialling it in for years at Chelsea? 

It's going to be "why did we let Costa go" part two. 

Three assists and hitting the post? That's him done then. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Please tell me were not going to have to listen to an endless drone about how great Willian is when he's been dialling it in for years at Chelsea? 

I didn't watch the match but reading the BBC updates they said the 1st was awful defending giving a free header from a corner, the second described as an Auba worldie. So Willian given the assists but didn't necessarily "create" either goal. Be interested to know if he actually created much outside of those and hitting the post from a set play.

Bbc also only attributed 2 assists whereas fantasy football gave 3 so there is a discrepancy in how they are given.

Just now, Lump Of Celery said:

I didn't watch the match but reading the BBC updates they said the 1st was awful defending giving a free header from a corner, the second described as an Auba worldie. So Willian given the assists but didn't necessarily "create" either goal. Be interested to know if he actually created much outside of those and hitting the post from a set play.

Bbc also only attributed 2 assists whereas fantasy football gave 3 so there is a discrepancy in how they are given.

Looked like three on MotD, including one from a corner. Which must be a first.

7 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think he will do a reasonable job at Arsenal for a couple of seasons . But that's about it. He will continue to be inconsistent but when he was on his game I appreciated what he brought to the party for us. But lets not forget we sold the arse Cech when he was almost done and then agent Luiz. Lets hope we complete the Holy Trinity with a Willian. 

On 9/13/2020 at 0:29 AM, The_Ghost said:

Two assists in his first game for Arsenal. 

Its a real shame he’s not here, he’ll win them quite a few points this season for sure. 

Doubt It

Remember they were playing a club whose level is the championship or below?

paulw66   
3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Doubt It

Remember they were playing a club whose level is the championship or below?

It's astonishing 

Henry Winter, who I like, wrote a piece this morning saying how Gabriel has solved their problems at CB. You or I could have played there on Saturday, and the result would have been the same (apart from his goal perhaps, I don't know how good you are in the air) 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

It's astonishing 

Henry Winter, who I like, wrote a piece this morning saying how Gabriel has solved their problems at CB. You or I could have played there on Saturday, and the result would have been the same (apart from his goal perhaps, I don't know how good you are in the air) 

This kinda thing really does irritate me. Why do so many jump to immediate reactions after one game, like you say, against poor opposition.

I thought Gabriel looked good, but arguably his easiest game of the season.

Reminds me of a few on here proclaiming Mourinho had won the title with Utd after they won their first league match! 

42 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

This kinda thing really does irritate me. Why do so many jump to immediate reactions after one game, like you say, against poor opposition.

I thought Gabriel looked good, but arguably his easiest game of the season.

Reminds me of a few on here proclaiming Mourinho had won the title with Utd after they won their first league match! 

Not sure what you are on about. Willian has been one of our best players over the last few seasons. My comment had more to do with that than anything else. It also seems like he has kick-started his career at Arsenal with a very strong performance. 

I merely highlighted that and stated he will be missed here. You may think otherwise, which is your right. But to be irritated for stating a fairly obvious point? Really? You must be irritated a lot. 

paulw66   
19 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Not sure what you are on about. Willian has been one of our best players over the last few seasons. My comment had more to do with that than anything else. It also seems like he has kick-started his career at Arsenal with a very strong performance. 

I merely highlighted that and stated he will be missed here. You may think otherwise, which is your right. But to be irritated for stating a fairly obvious point? Really? You must be irritated a lot. 

He was responding to my point about Gabriel / Henry Winter