• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Willian Departs And Signs For Arsenal

25 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Not sure what you are on about. Willian has been one of our best players over the last few seasons. My comment had more to do with that than anything else. It also seems like he has kick-started his career at Arsenal with a very strong performance. 

I merely highlighted that and stated he will be missed here. You may think otherwise, which is your right. But to be irritated for stating a fairly obvious point? Really? You must be irritated a lot. 

You're getting mixed up here . As Paul said, my comment was in relation to Henry Winter and Gabrial.

I would have kept Willian and given him the 3 years he wanted personally. My post was not aimed/quoted your post.

39 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Not sure what you are on about. Willian has been one of our best players over the last few seasons. My comment had more to do with that than anything else. It also seems like he has kick-started his career at Arsenal with a very strong performance. 

People getting in the 6 yard box seemed to have made a huge difference to Willian's game overnight.  Including Willian.

1 hour ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

You're getting mixed up here . As Paul said, my comment was in relation to Henry Winter and Gabrial.

I would have kept Willian and given him the 3 years he wanted personally. My post was not aimed/quoted your post.

Gotcha, my apologies. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

People getting in the 6 yard box seemed to have made a huge difference to Willian's game overnight.  Including Willian.

Of course and we return to our previous problems which seem to have been there for ever. We simply don’t get enough attacking players into the box. 

When Eden was here we had the same issues but his individual quality bailed us out on a number of occasions. Last season we also had these issues. I don’t know why, but it seems we get into the box a fair bit less than Liverpool and City. 

3 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Of course and we return to our previous problems which seem to have been there for ever. We simply don’t get enough attacking players into the box. 

Or defensive players defending out own 6 yard box.  
it is odd.

1 minute ago, The_Ghost said:

Gotcha, my apologies. 

When Eden was here we had the same issues but his individual quality bailed us out on a number of occasions. Last season we also had these issues. I don’t know why, but it seems we get into the box a fair bit less than Liverpool and City. 

Definitely. We also test goalkeepers far less than may teams in and around us in the table. At times last season, we just simply didn't get enough shots away.

I would expect Havertz would be one of the main differences for getting payers in the box this season, certainly from a deeper role anyway. I felt Mount start to play a little more direct post lockdown , he seemed more intent on getting his shot away when the chance came. If we can get a season from RLC, then he should also be looking to get himself into scoring positions from deep.

I fully expect us to have much more of a goal threat and much more players looking to score goals this season. I'd be disappointed if we can't add another 20-25 goals to our season tally come end of this season.

2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Definitely. We also test goalkeepers far less than may teams in and around us in the table. At times last season, we just simply didn't get enough shots away.

I would expect Havertz would be one of the main differences for getting payers in the box this season, certainly from a deeper role anyway. I felt Mount start to play a little more direct post lockdown , he seemed more intent on getting his shot away when the chance came. If we can get a season from RLC, then he should also be looking to get himself into scoring positions from deep.

I fully expect us to have much more of a goal threat and much more players looking to score goals this season. I'd be disappointed if we can't add another 20-25 goals to our season tally come end of this season.

Interestingly we ranked second for most chances created, second for most shots, and third for most shots on target last season. Of course that doesn't take into account the quality of the chance/shot and whether it actually 'tested the keeper. On paper we should have improved our chance creation and finishing quality with the signings made, just shows that a small improvement in defence will take us on leaps and bounds.

44 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Interestingly we ranked second for most chances created, second for most shots, and third for most shots on target last season. Of course that doesn't take into account the quality of the chance/shot and whether it actually 'tested the keeper. On paper we should have improved our chance creation and finishing quality with the signings made, just shows that a small improvement in defence will take us on leaps and bounds.

Interesting. Not to surprised by chances created. Surprised by the stats on shots and shots on target.

It certainly didn’t feel that way at times last season. At spells it felt like we were to reluctant to pull the trigger. 

Willian was an excellent player for us over the years; not great but certainly excellent. He is, however, not good enough now to expect a 3 year contract, particularly in a time of super abundant young talent in his position. I was actually surprised (if true) that we offered him 2 years. I suspect the Arsenal fans will be similarly divided on him as ours were : he will frustrate some and delight others.......same as it ever was for wide attacking players.

I noted Willian had another  poor game against Spurs, if he couldn't get up for that match he ain't gonna get up for any game.

Arsenal supporters slagging him off already, the mans nicking a living along with aubameyang.

fantasy football Willian scored. 12 points on his debut against Fulham (all the Arsenal supporters were saying what a fantastic signing he was)

since then 2 points in13 games and suddenly the boots on the other foot

Edited by Never happy

Sciatika   

I wouldn't take any notice of Arsenal fans slagging off their players, they do that all the time.

Edited by Sciatika
  • Like 1