• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Willian Departs And Signs For Arsenal

bert19   
10 hours ago, Ham said:

Plus you'd imagine Willian or his agent would have mentioned just how insulted he felt with the offer on the table. 

Might have had a good offer from elsewhere too? (Spurs were rumoured to be very interested) 

I wonder if the money on offer at Chelsea was fine - or close to what he was on with a nice bonus for re-signing and Arsenal just whacked an extra year on at say, 20% more? Bit of a no-brainer that one when you combine it with a likely inflated signing-on bonus. 

I think we've done the right thing here.  Willian around on a two year deal as a useful squad option would have been fine I'm sure, but we're moving on ok and Willian's been unlucky with the performance level of the side he's joined. 

7 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Might have had a good offer from elsewhere too? (Spurs were rumoured to be very interested) 

I wonder if the money on offer at Chelsea was fine - or close to what he was on with a nice bonus for re-signing and Arsenal just whacked an extra year on at say, 20% more? Bit of a no-brainer that one when you combine it with a likely inflated signing-on bonus. 

I think we've done the right thing here.  Willian around on a two year deal as a useful squad option would have been fine I'm sure, but we're moving on ok and Willian's been unlucky with the performance level of the side he's joined. 

Especially when you factor in  that in losing Willian we have lost someone who wanders the pitch doing little to influence the attack  whilst gurning and frowning every few minutes and we have Tammy performing that role now . 

• Haha 1

JaneB   

Arsenal flop Willian 'is keen on a return to Chelsea this summer' | Daily Mail Online

God Almighty, no thanks :-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Don't even want Hazard back because I don't think it would work second time around, no matter how great he was for us, but at least it's worth a serious discussion, unlike Willian.

6 hours ago, JaneB said:

Arsenal flop Willian 'is keen on a return to Chelsea this summer' | Daily Mail Online

Don't even want Hazard back because I don't think it would work second time around, no matter how great he was for us, but at least it's worth a serious discussion, unlike Willian.

Well said, Jane. 

chara   
7 hours ago, JaneB said:

Hmm,,I think Willian worth a discussion.."Re-sign Willian?"..."Hell NO!"..... Hazard?....tend to agree with you but we have had "returnees" who worked out ok as long as there were realistic expectations..DD, Cookie for instance........though few and far between....

I'm having Hazard all day long , even though he was castigated by the Spanish press for his performances in a dreadful Madrid side and wasn't great against us in the CL he still ran more than any other Madrid player that night .

We roll out the red carpet , we'll be getting a bargain for 40m Euros. 

Sciatika   

The way RM are going, they might be fined considerable sums by UEFA (along with Barce and Juve). Of course, they will probably be let off on the grounds of the damage it could do to the marketability of the Champion's League. I would take back Hazard but if he could sort out his dietary issues. I am not sure how I would fit him into the team though. He is not a 6 but a 10 and so would be competing with those playing between the lines (I.e. Mount and Ziyech). He could play on the left, I suppose.

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm having Hazard all day long , even though he was castigated by the Spanish press for his performances in a dreadful Madrid side and wasn't great against us in the CL he still ran more than any other Madrid player that night .

We roll out the red carpet , we'll be getting a bargain for 40m Euros. 

Me too. I'd love him back here. He would have been worth another 20 points to us last season......and he has pretty much had a season off.

5 hours ago, Sciatika said:

The way RM are going, they might be fined considerable sums by UEFA (along with Barce and Juve). Of course, they will probably be let off on the grounds of the damage it could do to the marketability of the Champion's League. I would take back Hazard but if he could sort out his dietary issues. I am not sure how I would fit him into the team though. He is not a 6 but a 10 and so would be competing with those playing between the lines (I.e. Mount and Ziyech). He could play on the left, I suppose.

He's better than anyone we  have, so it would be about where THEY would fit in. Mount is a different player and, having many different virtues, is destined to be a CM/AM. Ziyech is not in the same class and doesn't look like he really wants to be here, whereas Hazard clearly does.