• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Willian Departs And Signs For Arsenal

Willian is a very good player obviously. He has a great combination of power, pace and technique. Talent wise he is up there with the best wingers of the world. And I guess that’s one of the reasons he draws so much criticism. He delivers consistently good performances but the great ones should come more often. 

But I believe Lampard has had an amazing effect on him this season. He has elevated Willian and Willian has responded with great emotion to that. He isn’t just a follower but actually takes a leadership position in the team and is the one who sets the standard for the other players. Long may it continue. 

Jasonb   

Willian wasn't the problem yesterday, it was down to Frank setting us up wrongly and then didn't react early enough. 

41 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Willian wasn't the problem yesterday, it was down to Frank setting us up wrongly and then didn't react early enough. 

Why on earth we we play with 5 defenders against southampton, beyond me.

Jasonb   
3 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Why on earth we we play with 5 defenders against southampton, beyond me.

I think Frank thought we might have turned a corner playing that way against Spurs and keeping a clean sheet.

Can't blame him for trying against the Saints except he didn't spot early enough it was working against us and needed to be changed.

Despite his high Mensa he didn't correct it early enough.

I noticed yesterday with his conference interview he was looking down, think he realises he might be at fault and hadn't worked out why at that time.

Ham   
30 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I think Frank thought we might have turned a corner playing that way against Spurs and keeping a clean sheet.

Can't blame him for trying against the Saints except he didn't spot early enough it was working against us and needed to be changed.

Despite his high Mensa he didn't correct it early enough.

I noticed yesterday with his conference interview he was looking down, think he realises he might be at fault and hadn't worked out why at that time.

Or he might have looked glum because his highly paid players were getting caught in possession and giving the ball away. You can't legislate for that. 

14 minutes ago, Ham said:

Or he might have looked glum because his highly paid players were getting caught in possession and giving the ball away. You can't legislate for that. 

Or he might be dismayed why he can't get the clowns to put in two good performances on the spin. 

I still think it's more on them than him.