• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Willian Departs And Signs For Arsenal

46 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

No. He was negotiating a new contract at the beginning of the season , when he was "trying" . 

The talks have stopped , so has he .

Or more likely the negotiating a contract story was bollocks all the time - just as the Tammy negotiations were bollox too.  
It is press talk - how on earth do you start building a theory based on press talk as fact?

7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Or more likely the negotiating a contract story was bollocks all the time - just as the Tammy negotiations were bollox too.  
It is press talk - how on earth do you start building a theory based on press talk as fact?

So , he's nearing the end of his contract but he's not bothering to negotiate a new contract .

Ok.

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

So , he's nearing the end of his contract but he's not bothering to negotiate a new contract .

Ok.

Maybe he is negotiating now.  Why do you say talks have stopped?  Isn't that just press talk for "we said he was negotiating earlier but we got that wrong".

Bison   
On 19/01/2020 at 8:41 AM, Bison said:

Since the Spurs game:

0 goals

1 assist (Tammy goal vs Arsenal)

Oh, can't forget the dive to win the penalty against Burnley as well to be fair.

Just the 4 goals in 22 League games this season.

No wonder the thread has gone cold. No doubt it will pick up after his next good game (around March/April at this rate).

0 goals and 0 assists for Willian in the 6 games since this post.

Not a single goal contribution since the 29th December 2019.

The club have offered him a two year contract and he has decided to turn it down because he thinks he is worthy of a three year deal. You couldn't make this up.

Edited by Bison

Bison   

If he goes to Spurs, and performs for them how he does for us, my estimation of him goes up even more. Spurs are heading back to where they belong and signing Willian only speeds up that process.

During the make or break winter period of the season he has gone TWO whole months without a goal or an assist. Nice to see the club rewarding his efforts with a two year deal.

Jasonb   

For me Willian has underperformed. I often wondered if he was kept in the shadow by Hazard and was expecting to see him unleashed this season and go on to do wonderful things.

He has done a few wonderful things yet he should have done a lot more.

His work rate was excellent in the first half of the season.

He remains quick about the pitch, can beat his man one on one yet his delivery is mercurial rather than consistent.

I now think it would be better to let him go assuming we sign replacements or strengthen in other areas.

paulw66   
13 hours ago, Bison said:

0 goals and 0 assists for Willian in the 6 games since this post.

Not a single goal contribution since the 29th December 2019.

The club have offered him a two year contract and he has decided to turn it down because he thinks he is worthy of a three year deal. You couldn't make this up.

have they?

3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

If he goes to Spurs, my estimation of him plummets. 

I used to love Gustavo Poyet. Not so much anymore. 

Oh dear - going to spurs is nothing to be ashamed of.  Greaves did it.  Poyet was almost 34 when he went to Spurs.  We were 6th at the time he left, Spurs were 12th.  2nd and 14th by the time Poyet left Spurs aged 36.
It was a retirement home to play retirement football.

Rather I wonder how Spurs would take to him, 8 years after he pulled out last minute after a Spurs fitness test and came to Chelsea instead.