• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Willian Departs And Signs For Arsenal

Bison   
25 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

have they?

That's a clip (after the Bayern game) of Willian confirming he has been offered a two-year deal.

paulw66   
11 minutes ago, Bison said:

That's a clip (after the Bayern game) of Willian confirming he has been offered a two-year deal.

Jees, interesting, cheers..........who knows the exact details, but it could be we have offered 1, with an option for a 2nd, who knows. 

If he really thinks he should be getting a 3 year deal, he is certifiable. Last summer was the time to negoatiate, not this one. 

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Oh dear - going to spurs is nothing to be ashamed of.  Greaves did it.  Poyet was almost 34 when he went to Spurs.  We were 6th at the time he left, Spurs were 12th.  2nd and 14th by the time Poyet left Spurs aged 36.
It was a retirement home to play retirement football.

Rather I wonder how Spurs would take to him, 8 years after he pulled out last minute after a Spurs fitness test and came to Chelsea instead.  

It was still Spurs no matter how bad they were. He kissed their badge. No, I can't forgive that. 

paulw66   
10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Oh dear - going to spurs is nothing to be ashamed of.  Greaves did it.  Poyet was almost 34 when he went to Spurs.  We were 6th at the time he left, Spurs were 12th.  2nd and 14th by the time Poyet left Spurs aged 36.
It was a retirement home to play retirement football.

Rather I wonder how Spurs would take to him, 8 years after he pulled out last minute after a Spurs fitness test and came to Chelsea instead.  

Greaves didn't go direct 

Agree on Poyet but once he kissed the badge in that league cup semi.... 

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

It was still Spurs no matter how bad they were. He kissed their badge. No, I can't forgive that. 

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Greaves didn't go direct 

Agree on Poyet but once he kissed the badge in that league cup semi.... 

The first match that ever brought me to tears when I was a kid. It was only my 2nd season of watching football properly every week and understanding the competition formats etc. 

My Dad had built me up with all the lore and mythology of our domination over Spurs. Tottenham never beat us.  I was looking forward to us making the our first Cup Final during my following of football (My Dad took me to 2000 Cup Final but I wasn't interested in football yet, I remember wanting to go home during celebrations haha). 

Then that absolute nightmare of a match happened. 

However, it was all worth it in the end. They lost the Final against a Mark Hughes led Blackburn.

And then a few weeks after we had those 4-0 results in a row against them, with JFH's perfect hatrick being the first game against Spurs my Dad ever took me to.

God I hate Spurs. 

I've always rated Will.I.an as I call him. He was dominante in the CL win and as been a loyal servent for years.

I take my hat off to Will.I.an. :happy:

Jasonb   

I see Willian has been given leave to rejoin his family in Brazil, a good move by the club given current affairs with health.

paulw66   
5 hours ago, Jasonb said:

I see Willian has been given leave to rejoin his family in Brazil, a good move by the club given current affairs with health.

Which is a clear indication the league isn't restarting any time soon........

Jasonb   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Which is a clear indication the league isn't restarting any time soon........

I notice in one of the articles this was following an appeal, always think where family is concerned best to let a player go. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

I notice in one of the articles this was following an appeal, always think where family is concerned best to let a player go. 

100%

Times like this make you realise what is important.