• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Willian Departs And Signs For Arsenal

paulw66   

Pedro confirmed as going. No great surprise. Great pro 

Makes a Willy extension more likely (sorry)

51 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Is that meant to be a double double entendre across 2 lines?  Very good.

paulw66   
On 25/03/2020 at 10:50 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Is that meant to be a double double entendre across 2 lines?  Very good.

In truth I stumbled across the joke as I was typing

JaneB   
On 25/03/2020 at 9:56 PM, paulw66 said:

See Transfer Talk Topic :-)

Sir   

Will e stay Will e go? The actual Willian topic for some reason won’t allow replies because it has been archived. No idea why.

10 hours ago, Sir said:

Will e stay Will e go? The actual Willian topic for some reason won’t allow replies because it has been archived. No idea why.

He will go and he will go to Arsenal. 

Great servant who will leave with a whiff of "didn't quite get out his full potential at the club". I say that with the greatest admiration, I think his talent alone should have ensured a higher number of goals and assists. He just lacked that ruthless streak in him to be a goalscorer and a player that concistently changed games. 

If we get Havertz, I feel very relaxed about Willy leaving. 

He's an enigma Willian , I always admired his work rate , he always puts in the hard yards but he always disappoints at the other end for me , should be scoring and assisting more with the talents he has .

Arsenal are reported in the Daily Mail ( I know ...) as offering him a three /four year deal @ £300K per week .

No wonder we're waving him goodbye , that's mental.

Love him and wish he would have stayed.

Shame there is no loyalty in football anymore, I know I shouldn't but can't help feeling a little disappointed after 7 years he's happy to just leave for nothing to one of our rivals.

No doubt it is time to move on, shame I can't wish him all the best in the future, I hope he's a complete flop.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's an enigma Willian , I always admired his work rate , he always puts in the hard yards but he always disappoints at the other end for me , should be scoring and assisting more with the talents he has .

Arsenal are reported in the Daily Mail ( I know ...) as offering him a three /four year deal @ £300K per week .

No wonder we're waving him goodbye , that's mental.

The numbers I've read is 3 years @£100K pw. No way are Arsenal paying him £300K pw. 

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Love him and wish he would have stayed.

Shame there is no loyalty in football anymore, I know I shouldn't but can't help feeling a little disappointed after 7 years he's happy to just leave for nothing to one of our rivals.

No doubt it is time to move on, shame I can't wish him all the best in the future, I hope he's a complete flop.

I cannot feel any animosity towards Willian, just as I do not feel any animosity towards David Luiz. They aren't/weren't quite good enough for us at this stage and so moves/moved on to a team that is more suitable to their level. 

Just life of a footballer. 

37 goals, 39 assists in 234 Premier League appearances at a goal every 405 minutes* is simply not good enough for an attacking player in a team that, overall, has more possession and spends more time attacking than defending.

Never been a big fan and not disappointed to see him go.

* figures from transfermarket.co.uk

• Like 1