• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Willian Departs And Signs For Arsenal

Recommended Posts

JaneB   

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8603853/Willian-upset-offended-Chelsea-ended-Stamford-Bridge-career.html

Media making the most of this storm in a teacup to put us in a bad light.  Getting boring now.  Never thought I'd see the day Luiz and Willian were playing for Arsenal, or Cech for that matter it has to be said :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone posted in the article that Willian  has played 339 for Chelsea and scored 63 goals , Saloman Kalou played 254 games in a similar position and scored 60 .

Puts it neatly into perspective , lets give Kalou a new contract , we can get him on a free !

Droy will tell us how much he rates him , one of his all time faves I believe.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

!

Droy will tell us how much he rates him , one of his all time faves I believe.

Probably to do with his positional play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Someone posted in the article that Willian  has played 339 for Chelsea and scored 63 goals , Saloman Kalou played 254 games in a similar position and scored 60 .

Now if only Willian had been around when we had Kalou  - we'd have won the lot - Willian and Malouda together.  Drogba would have got 40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir   

It seems likely now Willian will move to Arsenal.. and I’m assuming there’s also the Cech factor here (the alleged doesn’t want to leave London for family reasons) which I mean is something that is fair enough, although one of our long servants leaving to join them always leaves me with a bitter taste.

I like Willi, I think he’s a fantastically gifted footballer and his stages are what they are. He isn’t a Ronaldo or a Messi, not every player can be. I think his stats are respectable and are reflected with his talent and ability, although I wish and believe he should of had a few more goals in him and that he was a little more decisive like Hazard was, but just because he isn’t doesn’t mean he wasn’t/isn’t good. I’d be happy for him to stay another two years, I still think he can keep adding to what he does now and he’s a very good player to have in the squad. But if he’s gonna go he’s gonna go I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JaneB said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8603853/Willian-upset-offended-Chelsea-ended-Stamford-Bridge-career.html

Media making the most of this storm in a teacup to put us in a bad light.  Getting boring now.  Never thought I'd see the day Luiz and Willian were playing for Arsenal, or Cech for that matter it has to be said :-(

Aren't they putting Willian in a bad light? I think even your average Chelsea-hating Mail reader is going to summon greater ire for a black millionaire sportsman being 'upset and offended' by being offered millions of pounds for just two years rather than three. 

I'd rather we found a way for him to stay, but can respect why both parties have taken the stance they have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be sad to see him leave and think we will miss him. Personally, I would have give him the 3 year deal. Incredibly fit, rarely injured and unlikely to lose his pace imo. Playing a more squad role next season would have only help prolong his career and performances. I wouldn’t go as far as say it’s a huge mistake, but I think we will regret him leaving. You have to respect the clubs stance on players of his age, but I don’t think he is a standard 31 year old in terms of his energy and fitness levels and more important quality.

Sad to see him leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasonb   

I think it is time for him to move on now we are bringing in new blood.

He has put shift in the for the club and no doubt he will be missed at times next season yet like with Hazard moving on we will do ok.

I also think he said he was disappointed he could not get a deal at Chelsea and the media have twisted it to sell more papers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be sad to see him go especially if it is Arsenal but probably the right decision at this point in his career. A 3 year contract for a 32 year old winger is incredibly short sighted and it seems that Arsenal are running their transfer strategy through agents. The fact they've just laid off most of their scouting network only adds to this theory. 

Willian has always been a lightning rod for abuse and I think he's been one of our most underrated players for a long time. For me, he was our best player this season albeit in a year when no player really stood out significantly above the rest. There was a run of games earlier in the season following Southampton away when he was unbelievable every single week. Particular stand out games were Villa at home and especially the Spurs away game. Since lockdown as well both he and Pulisic together have been superb. 

He's provided balance to the side for years and must be a managers dream as he will follow tactical instructions to the letter. With a team totally built for Hazard it's no surprise he has often played a supporting role which has meant he does a lot of the unsung work that makes a great side tick. 

With all of these exciting, flair players coming in he would have been an ideal squad player and I think people may now see the critical role he has been performing once he's gone. 

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

He's provided balance to the side for years and must be a managers dream as he will follow tactical instructions to the letter. With a team totally built for Hazard it's no surprise he has often played a supporting role which has meant he does a lot of the unsung work that makes a great side tick. 

With all of these exciting, flair players coming in he would have been an ideal squad player and I think people may now see the critical role he has been performing once he's gone. 

Agreed. No doubt he will be missed, but I do believe the time is right for him to move on regardless. 

We’ve lacked goal scorers among our attacking players for years now and simply can’t have a winger never scoring double figure goals and assists in the league. He will however leave a hole in regards to his tactical work and defensive output. Not to mention his acceleration in transitions. 

Hopefully Ziyech and Havertz can step it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now