• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Willian Departs And Signs For Arsenal

24 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Agreed. No doubt he will be missed, but I do believe the time is right for him to move on regardless. 

We’ve lacked goal scorers among our attacking players for years now and simply can’t have a winger never scoring double figure goals and assists in the league. He will however leave a hole in regards to his tactical work and defensive output. Not to mention his acceleration in transitions. 

Hopefully Ziyech and Havertz can step it up. 

Yes. I was always a (frustrated) fan, but feel it is probably best for both parties to move on. He has made a big contribution down the years, but often performed below his true potential. The display at Spurs this year was as good as he ever gave - up there with the home game against Barca - but only highlighted how rarely he hit those heights.

I hoped that the departure of Hazard might spur him on to become the main man in the team, but while he's had a good season, it's generally been more of the same. 

I will definitely miss him and will hate seeing him playing against us for Arsenal - assuming he does sign for them. I don't begrudge him signing a longer contract than we were willing to offer, and I fully understand why the club felt two years was the maximum we could offer.

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Officially off.

IMG_20200809_141638.jpg

Classy. 

I saw a response on Instagram to a supporter thanking him for his service and he was very nice then too. 

Thank you Willian. I appreciate what you have done for us. Its a team and not one player. Good luck.

5 minutes ago, Bison said:

What a glorious day.

Silliness. Let's see if there's anyone other than Hudson-Odoi attempting to do Willian's job in September before celebrating.

Bison   
5 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Silliness. Let's see if there's anyone other than Hudson-Odoi attempting to do Willian's job in September before celebrating.

It will be a very big ask to replace his 3-4 open play goals a season but I'm confident we can pull it off.

A good servant, a frustrating servent, but you could rarely fault his work ethic. I feel like Willian will always be one of those players that never quite hit his ceiling for one reason or another.

I won't miss seeing him line up to take corner after corner though!

Good luck to him in whatever he does next, probably Arsenal and thanks for the hard work and a decent selection of memorable goals, some quality performance and a big part of many trophy wins.

Now on to the future.