• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Willian Departs And Signs For Arsenal

16 minutes ago, Bison said:

It will be a very big ask to replace his 3-4 open play goals a season but I'm confident we can pull it off.

As nice as it is to see you being optimistic about something, I'd worry more about replacing his ability to press and hold the ball. 

Dingus   
8 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

As nice as it is to see you being optimistic about something, I'd worry more about replacing his ability to press and hold the ball. 

Him consistently holding up the ball was part of the reason he didn’t have the attacking stats he probably should have done.

Happy to get to the 18 yard box, stop, then pass the ball inwards. Ridiculously frustrating.

Appreciate his contributions but happy he’s gone. Onwards and upwards.

chelboy   

Felt Pedro and Willian should have been replaced earlier but it is what it is. Would always wonder why his end product couldn’t have been better. People say he wasn’t about goals and assists but I remember too many scenarios where he could have got an easy assist or goal had he done better. Thank him for his services but it’s time to move on. 

2 hours ago, Dingus said:

At last. What a day.

1 hour ago, Bison said:

What a glorious day.

Classy. 

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Agreed. He had skills we will sorely miss. Especially with the leaking defense and midfield we have in general. 

But his production wasn’t really good enough. 

Sad to see him go, but not because he was irreplaceable. I just felt that he was a good player and seemed like a good guy as well. 

Its a bit like Eden Hazard where I reckon his replacement will be easy to find. I rated Hazard as well but never really bought into the theory that he could be amazing Cristiano-esque. Willian is more or less the same as he definitely could have improved in terms of his goals over the years and I feel we will improve in that regard. 

In terms of his workrate, well, he was simply a joy to watch at times. I wont begrudge him going to Arsenal. Or even Spurs. He really did give his all here and he leaves with his head held high and we will always know that his best years were spent at Chelsea.

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

Dingus   
3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Classy. 

What, so every leaving player has to be showered with praise?

As I said, appreciate the contributions but just didn’t like him as a player and I’m glad he won’t be blocking other players progression in the squad.

A great servant to the club and wish him all the best at Arse (except when they play us of course). Thought his best years were behind him when he faded under Sarri (naturally as did most of our players bar Hazard) but he improved leaps under Frank and was pivotal for us this year. I suppose Ziyech is his direct replacements so we will see an improvement in the numbers of goals/assists but I doubt he will get anywhere close to the work rate of Willian.