• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Arsenal 1 Chelsea 2

9 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Jorginho proving a key player for us. No-one else gives us that level of calm and control in the middle. And he popped up for a crucial goal.

But everyone focuses only on the fact that he isn't very fast.

I mean let's just ignore all the other qualities he has like how he is always available for the ball, keeps the play ticking over nicely, and coordinates everyone on the field!

• Like 1

JaneB   
2 minutes ago, bONes said:

tactical masterclass by Lamps, well done for making those changes. 

Have you read some of the earlier posts on here?? 😂

bONes   
Just now, JaneB said:

Have you read some of the earlier posts on here?? 😂

Haha, I know there will be some bitter ones, but credit where its due! Really brave with those changes and they worked.

Just now, chelboy said:

Lamps is struggling in knowing which combination midfield to pick. Its his biggest problem right now.  Against Spurs Kova and Kante worked perfectly. Today we needed Jorginho badly. Against Southampton we needed Kova. Its a difficult decision for him but a learning process aswell. You also can’t play all 3 because they lack goals. As the season goes on he will get better at knowing which combination for which game. 

I have generally stayed out of the Jorginho debate on the last 18 months. I agree with you in that the combinations between them creates us problems.

Jorginho is a fantastic leader on the pitch and player, but it’s becoming more and more apparent to me that he can’t be part of a team trying to win the league.

I can’t really be critical of him as it’s just genetics really. Too slow and too weak and he can’t really help that. The PL has too much space, is too open and ball gets turned over too often. You would need to supplement him with serious athletes who are fantastic footballers for it to really work. These players everyone wants and not easy to find.

16 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

All the journos saying Jorginho should've got a 2nd yellow - if Guendouzhi gets a second yellow for the exact same foul in the first half, there wouldn't even be anyone for Jorginho to foul.

Souness says never a free kick in a million years , Guendouzhi should have stayed on his feet !

Get in Souey !

JaneB   
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Souness says never a free kick in a million years , Guendouzhi should have stayed on his feet !

Get in Souey !

There always has to be an anti Chelsea angle though

Ham   
1 hour ago, kev61 said:

I have to say,since Jorginho came on we have been better,so fair play to him(or was it Emerson going off? probably a mixture of both.

Blimey! 😳

29 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Lampard IN.

Can't believe that. We actually came from behind to win. We've been pretty dreadful in the other games as of late but beating Spurs AND Arsenal over the Christmas period certainly helps to balance it out. Chuffed.

And congrats to Tariq Lamptey who did well in his first senior appearance. Away at Arsenal in the PL no less!

He was excellent.

2 minutes ago, JaneB said:

There always has to be an anti Chelsea angle though

I think they're all a bit giddy as the peoples champions are up next against Wolves reserves. World club champions too although they're keeping it on the low down .

Edited by Mark Kelly

Jasonb   
On 27/12/2019 at 11:51 AM, Jasonb said:

Have a feeling we will beat Arsenal.

Good feeling, got to watch at 65mins 1-0 down.

Thought Babayaro was back playing at RB for a minute.

We were working hard yet think we got lucky with the first goal. GK mistake and Jorgy read it. 

The second was a good goal after we had space yet felt we had another stroke of luck with Jorgy not getting a second yellow.

Thought Willian was playing very well and CHO looked better too.