• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Arsenal 1 Chelsea 2

JaneB   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think they're all a bit giddy as the peoples champions are up next against Wolves reserves. World club champions too although they're keeping it on the low down .

Are they wearing gold stars on their shirts? 🙄

(On the BBC Sport Website earlier, it was previewing today's matches and had 'Liverpool (new champions)' .........

I mean I know they're keen but honestly!!

didn't expect that....Much better 2nd half. Better in every stat possible. Passes, Possession, shots on target, shots off target, corners, goals, less bookings. 

Holymoly   

It's frustrating isn't it? We can win games like this and against Spuds but drop 12-15 points against teams we should be winning against with ease. I suppose as they gain experience our young band of brothers will mature together and the increasing experience will allow them to play more street smart. At the moment we are getting by in these games on hatred of the opposition.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

My nervousness around appointing Lampard are well documented on here

Of course I'll back him to the hilt, but he has no managerial pedigree at all. He looks out of his depth to me, but the players need to help him out too

Example 1 This post has not aged well

Stats from the game

possession

Arsenal42% Chelsea 58%

shots

Arsenal 7 Chelsea 13

On target

Arsenal 2 Chelsea 4

complete turn around in 2nd half

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Taking emerson off and putting Tomori at right back was a shocking decision. 

Taking Tomori off whilst Rudiger is laying on the floor with blood pissing out of his head is even worse.

Example 2 This post has not aged well

chelboy   
15 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I have generally stayed out of the Jorginho debate on the last 18 months. I agree with you in that the combinations between them creates us problems.

Jorginho is a fantastic leader on the pitch and player, but it’s becoming more and more apparent to me that he can’t be part of a team trying to win the league.

I can’t really be critical of him as it’s just genetics really. Too slow and too weak and he can’t really help that. The PL has too much space, is too open and ball gets turned over too often. You would need to supplement him with serious athletes who are fantastic footballers for it to really work. These players everyone wants and not easy to find.

I think the best formation for Jorginho and for us in general is a 442 diamond. It gives us cover and legs in the midfield. Jorginho also has more control of the midfield that way and more central passes he can make. Problem is you need good full backs for that formation which we clearly don’t have. 4231 is probably his worst formation as he has problems covering in wide areas. Arsenal didn’t really stretch the game today in the 2nd half which helped him influence the game. 

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Are they wearing gold stars on their shirts? 🙄

(On the BBC Sport Website earlier, it was previewing today's matches and had 'Liverpool (new champions)' .........

I mean I know they're keen but honestly!!

Mate , this is just a tiny taste of the media meltdown that will ensue when they finally win the league , they'll be 24/7 coverage in the papers and internet , the open top bus parade will be shown live on ITV , calls for Kloppy to get an honourable knighthood , statues built , Cilla resurrected , Ken Dodd documentaries shown . Etc. Etc. Et bloody cetera.

3 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Example 2 This post has not aged well

Why?

By taking Tomori off it clearly shows putting him at right back was the wrong decision. 

Taking him off whilst Rudiger was laid out on the floor getting his head bandaged was a terrible decision, regardless of the final result.

Edited by Martin1905