• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Arsenal 1 Chelsea 2

chelboy   
19 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Yeah you might be right. So what do you do long term. Do you play the diamond which we never have under Frank , because it suits Jorginho.

Or you carry on with variations of 433 4231 , which it looks like that is what Frank wants to do and then you have problems with him. 

Surely the answer is you move him on and sacrifice his ability on the ball a little , in favour of a more physical and athletic alternative.

All CMs get numerous bookings, he is getting so many because once he is turned, he knows himself we are in deep trouble as he is likely the deepest midfield in most scenarios. He is a great outlet for our defenders to give the ball to, but he offers them so little protection when we turn the ball over. He was great at times today, but it reared it’s head in this game when we were in complete control. He got turned and ran past and had to resort to fouls on at least 2/3 occasions.

Its a difficult one for Frank to make but I wouldn’t be surprised with any outcome. If we could get a more athletic version of Jorginho it would be perfect. Someone like Fabinho. I thought he was a bit lucky not to be sent off. It would have been a bit soft but he was on the wrong side pulling his arm but Guendozui made a meal of it. 

12 minutes ago, King Kante said:

3atb/back 5 is an issue without Alonso as our CB's cannot pass. Alonso is very good at taking his position out wide and is a big target to hit so you can knock the ball out to him. Against teams that sit you also need a RWB that can attack and cross which Dave cannot do. The loss of James was a nightmare. I was slightly surprised it made a come back at Spuds and said it would only work with a combination of Kova, Alonso and James (against smaller sides.) I think today has proven 3atb with this squad will only work against side that come out and attack us and we have the relevant players fit. If they are not or the team is set up to defend against us I want to see 442 diamond of 433. 

Our CB’s under Conte didn’t really pass the ball well other than Luiz. My issue with the formation is that it relies on a lot of flick on and knock ons for the passing to have rhythm. We lack clear passing lanes when teams press high. It becomes very long ball switching of play as the only way to get the ball out of the high press. Arsenal covered the switches well and figured out how to trap us in the formation. What made it work against Spurs was they didn’t cover those switches of play well and we overlapped well. Today Arsenal knew our set up and countered it perfectly. 

7 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Anyone watching liverpool?

everything going their way..

var check on Liverpool goal, handball overturned, goal given...

wolves then score on halftime

Var check, offside by a Fingernail in build up no one on Liverpool team appealed, play went on wolves score dissallowed..****ing con

From our point of view today, good!

last thing we need is Wolves getting closer and getting seriously involved in top4 battle

25 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Anyone watching liverpool?

everything going their way..

var check on Liverpool goal, handball overturned, goal given...

wolves then score on halftime

Var check, offside by a Fingernail in build up no one on Liverpool team appealed, play went on wolves score dissallowed..****ing con

It is a joke but they are so far gone now it does not matter. If anything them winning today helps us. 

chelboy   
11 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Why does he seem to be immune from any criticism?

He isn’t immune from criticism. People have criticised him on recent weeks and rightly so at times. I think his decision to keep Tomori on instead of Emerson made sense. You could say Tomori isn’t a natural RB but Emerson just didn’t look interested in being on that pitch and barely put a foot in. His body language also looked very poor. I would rather always have players that want to play rather than players that don’t look interested even if they are in a unnatural position. Emerson these past few weeks has looked as if something is wrong mentally or maybe it is just attitude. 

I do agree that bringing off Tomori when Rudiger was down was poor and probably a lack of experience moment. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, southcoastal said:

Example 1 This post has not aged well

Please explain 

I still have reservations over Lampard as manager, largely due to his complete lack of experience,  but completely unfair to judge until he has had time to buy his own players 

Home defeats to three of the weakest teams in the division without scoring a goal are still fresh in the memory I'm afraid 

As for today, we only got back into it because their goalie did a superman,  scored by a player who was lucky to be on the pitch.  Before that we hadn't laid a glove on them. 

Result is great, as was at Spurs, but the gloss has been somewhat taken off it by the awful home defeats. 

paulw66   

Thought the young right back looked alright 

Anyone know where Reece James or Alonso were? I Pulisic has a hammy 

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Bison said:

The last month has convinced me this management team is not going to last long and on current form you have ask if they deserve to.

This I don't agree with 

Can only judge Frank after a couple of transfer windows 

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Thought the young right back looked alright 

Anyone know where Reece James or Alonso were? I Pulisic has a hammy 

Both injured apparently.

Rob B   

Pretty mental game!

It seems people are indifferent on the performance but for 55 minutes we were by far the superior side, and had better chances than Arsenal who created nothing. 

Credit to Frank who not only got his subs spot on today, but the timing of them also.

Interesting to see Big Pete in the stands with Marina. Hopefully those two have got a busy month ahead...