• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Arsenal 1 Chelsea 2

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Does anyone expect Giroud to play another game for us? 

Yes, if Tammy does indeed need a rest (and plenty here seem to think that he does). It might also (conveniently) put Giroud in the shop window for January.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Mind I was surprised to see Pedro.

With Pedro, Giroud, Barkley and Alonso, I don't think that SFL has a personal problem with these guys.

Ok, maybe Barkley lost his trust a bit due to some stupid incidents, but the others it just seems like they aren't suited to the way Frank wants us to play.

Another game I'm going miss and have to watch on catch up. .very annoying. 

I was just thinking about our dip in form and I have feeling it coincided with Lampard laying down the law about being late for training, and fines for mobile phones going off etc etc. All perfectly reasonable rules in my eyes,  but did it seem reasonable in a pro footballers eyes. Did it create a bit of distance between coach and the players where before it had been a bit of " all for one and one for all" mentality? Probably coincidence but little changes in attitude can make a huge difference on the pitch. 

7 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Bad timing for this game. I fully expect Arsenal to miraculously grow a backbone and a pair of testicles overnight.

We love playing teams who have just got a new coach dont we!

26 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

We love playing teams who have just got a new coach dont we!

We sure do. Feels like every other game at the moment.

31 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I was just thinking about our dip in form and I have feeling it coincided with Lampard laying down the law about being late for training, and fines for mobile phones going off etc etc. All perfectly reasonable rules in my eyes,  but did it seem reasonable in a pro footballers eyes. Did it create a bit of distance between coach and the players where before it had been a bit of " all for one and one for all" mentality? Probably coincidence but little changes in attitude can make a huge difference on the pitch. 

Chicken or egg?
Over discipline getting a negative reaction from players?
Or a sloppy overconfident attitude after a few wins leading to sloppy dressing room and training ground behaviour followed by sloppy performances and a subsequent manager reaction?

45 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Only going off a hunch, but I would have thought that 'fines" list would have been in place from pre-season, and the only recent development was that it was leaked (and not like, suddenly implemented so it's now causing a bit of discontent).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

If we fans read this in a tabloid we would rubbish it straight away, so it’s a little odd that we as fans are thinking it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it were to appear in a tabloid following our next bad result.

It would have very likely been implemented in pre season and I would think it’s impact on recent performances and result is non existent.

The teams!

Arsenal (4-2-3-1): Leno; Maitland-Niles, Chambers, David Luiz, Saka; Torreira, Guendouzi; Nelson, Özil, Aubameyang; Lacazette

Subs: Martínez, Mustafi, Sokratis, Willock, Smith-Rowe, Pépé, John-Jules

Chelsea (4-2-3-1): Arrizabalaga; Rüdiger, Zouma, Tomori, Azpilicueta; Kanté, Kovacic; Emerson, Willian, Mount; Abraham

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Batshuayi, Barkley, Hudson-Odoi, Lamptey, Jorginho

Referee: Craig Pawson