• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Brighton & Hove Albion 1 Chelsea 1

paulw66   

Slightly off topic, but the food and drink at The Amex was top drawer.

They do a good variety of beer (Harveys for me) and the pies was infinitely better than any of the plastic tasting rubbish you get at SB. It really baffles me how and why what is served at SB is so poor. 

Blue Rod   
On 12/01/2020 at 11:52 AM, Jasonb said:

As we have become more possession based while Kovacic  and Jorginho are fit I don't believe we need Kante. 

I wouldn't blow our trumpets about possession based football as yet. There have been few matches where our possession has translated into goals and actual scoreline dominance. In fact, by getting carried away with possession, we have conceded crucial goals through counter attacks by some very average teams. 

I believe that once the euphoria of our new found total football has died down the team will settle for a formation with a deeper DM sitting in front of the back four. Unless all our outfield players are prepared to do some hard running, to cover the ground in both directions, I cannot see us getting very far with the current system. 

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I wouldn't blow our trumpets about possession based football as yet. There have been few matches where our possession has translated into goals and actual scoreline dominance. In fact, by getting carried away with possession, we have conceded crucial goals through counter attacks by some very average teams. 

I believe that once the euphoria of our new found total football has died down the team will settle for a formation with a deeper DM sitting in front of the back four. Unless all our outfield players are prepared to do some hard running, to cover the ground in both directions, I cannot see us getting very far with the current system. 

That role isn't one for Kante. 

• Like 1

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

Here we go again, the box to box crew. 

You mean that crew that have watched him play?