• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Brighton & Hove Albion 1 Chelsea 1

Lampard is confident of having Cesar Azpilicueta fit and available for the game after recent hamstring bother, especially with Marcos Alonso and Reece James still out. He has provided the latest injury news on those three, as well as Christian Pulisic, who missed the Arsenal match.

‘Azpi felt it from Tottenham when he came off towards the end. Southampton he was feeling it during the game. With Reece James injured the options are less, and he’s a fighter so he stayed on.

‘At Arsenal he said he felt better, so fingers crossed. It was more precautionary we had Lamptey in the squad‘. Reece James is out for a week or 10 days. He’s had a bit of a niggle around his ankle injury which he had surgery on in pre-season. That was a bit of a worry, but the doctors are saying at the moment he’ll be a week or so.

‘Alonso is similar. It’s the top of a glute muscle injury. They’re in a similar boat, not terrible injuries but obviously they’re missing a pretty crucial time.’

On Pulisic, Lampard added: ‘After the Southampton game the lads did some strides and he felt a cramp in his hamstring. I wouldn’t even call it an injury. He trained a couple of days after that at quite a low level, for me it was more precautionary to keep him out of it [at Arsenal].’

Brighton: Ryan, Burn, Dunk, Webster, Montoya, Trossard, Mooy, Bissouma, Alzate, Propper, Maupay
Subs: Button, Duffy, Stephens, Gross, Jahanbakhsh, Bernardo, Conne

Chelsea: Kepa, Rudiger, Zouma, Tomori, James, Jorginho, Kante, Pulisic, Mount, Willian, Abraham
Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Kovacic, Hudson-Odoi, Batshuayi, Emerson, Lamptey

Referee: Stuart Attwell (Warwickshire)

Not what I expexted but still James and Tomori out wide !

Sciatika   

Not sure where you got that. I have:

Chelsea XI: Arrizabalaga, James, Rudiger, Zouma, Azpilicueta, Kante, Jorginho, Willian, Mount, Pulisic, Abraham.

Subs: Christensen, Caballero, Kovacic, Hudson-Odoi, Batshuayi, Emerson Palmieri, Lamptey.

No Tomori.

3 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Chelsea XI: Arrizabalaga, James, Rudiger, Zouma, Azpilicueta, Kante, Jorginho, Willian, Mount, Pulisic, Abraham.

Subs: Christensen, Caballero, Kovacic, Hudson-Odoi, Batshuayi, Emerson Palmieri, Lamptey.

No Tomori.

Jorginho
Kante   Mount
Willian   Abraham  Pulisic

This is our strongest front 6.  Frank has finally come back to this.

Giroud and Pedro gone for good I guess.

Chelsea have players like Azpilucueta, Hudson-Odoi, Arrizabalaga, Emerson Palmieri, Batshuaiyi
Brighton have Ryan, Dunk, Burn, Mooy, Gross.
We are carrying too many syllables

10 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

No Tomori.

Copy straight from the Grauniad

Sciatika   
15 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Copy straight from the Grauniad

Says it all

I do like Maupay, hope we can keep him quiet!