• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Brighton & Hove Albion 1 Chelsea 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Brighton & Hove Albion at Falmer Stadium before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:30, Wednesday 1st January 2020 (Local UK time/date).

abcabcabcabcabcabc

Well , it's away , so that's a good indicator of what we can expect , Brighton like to play but Potter is a good manager so I expect him to instruct them to sit back like they're the away side . 

We're not capable of two decent performances in a row so I'll settle for one . This one because we were crap last time out despite the win.

Brighton always looks a big open pitch to me. We should be able to cause them some issues, but we are not very compact as a team so they will probably hurt us too.

We could really do with some squad options fit in James, Alonso , Pulisic but no idea if they are available here. The likes of Willian, Mount, Abraham have had a tough schedule recently.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

asvaberg   

We HAVE to stabilize and start the new year with a win - please :)

Jasonb   

I expect Brighton to put players behind the ball and try and hit us on the counter, that old tactic that appears to hurt us under Lampard.

After his needed successful tactical change early on against Arsenal can he build on that acumen at the Amex stadium.

Holymoly   

An early goal would be nice in order that the parked bus isn't clamped in front of their goal. We desperately need someone to open up those sorts of defenses, be it CHO regaining his mojo or else a signing in January.

So I think it's safe to say we won't be playing 3 at the back, hopefully, that experiment is over with.

Pending fitness and assuming certain injuries still, I'd go with:

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Tomori Alonso

Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Mount Pulisic

Tammy

I think we have to assume Brighton will sit deep and try to frustrate, if they've seen us play in recent weeks, therefore I would go back to the Jorginho - Kovacic pairing and put out the best attacking players we have to try and unlock them.

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

So I think it's safe to say we won't be playing 3 at the back, hopefully, that experiment is over with.

Pending fitness and assuming certain injuries still, I'd go with:

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Tomori Alonso

Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Mount Pulisic

Tammy

I think we have to assume Brighton will sit deep and try to frustrate, if they've seen us play in recent weeks, therefore I would go back to the Jorginho - Kovacic pairing and put out the best attacking players we have to try and unlock them.

Yes I would probably go same line up here, presuming James is still out. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Barkley given his head tomorrow to see if he can offer anything.

Potter is quite a positive manager who likes his teams to play good football. I expect them to be organised, but I don’t think they will sit in and just look to block up the pitch. It’s not really their style these days.