• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Nottingham Forest 0

I still think the FA Cup has more cachet than the World Club championship.

• Like 1

chara   
3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I still think the FA Cup has more cachet than the World Club championship.

Made me think Mark...., not for long though.. I have to agree with you.....and thinking on even the WC Final seems ..to me anyway...to .have lost some glitter...but then I'm old and cynical..

Qatar?...

On 05/01/2020 at 4:35 PM, Never happy said:

It was way offside

On 05/01/2020 at 4:35 PM, Ham said:

Never a free kick and also clearly offside once the lines were drawn. Justice was served. 

Justice was served on both occasions, but to call either of those situations for “way offside” or “clearly offside” is wide off the mark imo. 

I couldn’t see it even after the liens were drawn, and if it was “offside” we are talking about such a small margin that it wouldn’t have made a difference either case. 

The way they are using VAR to judge offside isn’t following the “clear and obvious error” path. Goals have been disallowed where it’s impossible to say if it really was offside even after the lines were drawn. VAR is an utter joke. 

13 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

The way they are using VAR to judge offside isn’t following the “clear and obvious error” path. Goals have been disallowed where it’s impossible to say if it really was offside even after the lines were drawn. VAR is an utter joke. 

I think their guiding rules don't apply "clear and obvious error" to decisions like offside or did the ball go into touch.
Still an absolute joke.

21 hours ago, chara said:

On an unrelated note...read article on line DM quoting players from THAt final....Tommy Baldwin was referred to as "The Sponge" which I remember well...perhaps I was naïve back then but DM stated it was because of his drinking ability...I thought it was because of his work and ability to absorb anything thrown at him..Droy? help me here,,,

Sorry missed this.
Pretty sure that Ossie's autobiography talks about Baldwin's legendary drinking abilities, so I guess the DM have got one right for once.