• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Nottingham Forest 0

Ham   
1 hour ago, Sir said:

Pretty superb special kit that we’ll be sporting. Very cool. Is it ‘legal’ we are allowed to do this? How does it work? (Genuine question) and as I typed this, I’m assuming now the players aren’t wearing this shirt it’s just a special one for fans to buy? 

And given it is 50 years since our first FA Cup triumph, I really hope the players go all out to try and win the competition this year as that would be an more remarkable piece of history for us in this competition. 

Would love to buy the kit, but at roughly 100 quid a go? Can’t afford it, unfortunately.

Ordered the vapor version today with the number 8 in yellow and it came to £99.95.

As I got to the checkout the official website told me I needed to spend another 5p to qualify for free delivery. £4.95 otherwise. I'm guessing this pricing was no fluke. Had to buy a crappy coffee mug as well 🙄

Sir   
17 minutes ago, Ham said:

Ordered the vapor version today with the number 8 in yellow and it came to £99.95.

As I got to the checkout the official website told me I needed to spend another 5p to qualify for free delivery. £4.95 otherwise. I'm guessing this pricing was no fluke. Had to buy a crappy coffee mug as well 🙄

Ouch. It does look superb. I was looking and am I right in thinking on TOCFCWS you can’t purchase a long sleeve? Or did I miss that?

Yet on the Nike website you can purchase a long sleeve shirt but you can’t get a number :/

Think I’d opt for 70 if I was lucky enough to purchase one. Or 50. 

Ham   
6 hours ago, Sir said:

Ouch. It does look superb. I was looking and am I right in thinking on TOCFCWS you can’t purchase a long sleeve? Or did I miss that?

Yet on the Nike website you can purchase a long sleeve shirt but you can’t get a number :/

Think I’d opt for 70 if I was lucky enough to purchase one. Or 50. 

The long sleeve is on the Chelsea site but not in the vapor material. 

I looked on the Nike site and yes, you can't add a number but delivery is free 🤷

It is a smart shirt, didn't realise it was that expensive! I presume the players are wearing this for cup games ? Kinda loses a bit of its power if its just for the fans and not the players.

On a personal note, I wish we had kept the lion over the top of the CFC badge. I appreciate the new badge change as part of a new era and with a nod to our history etc, but I much prefer the older club badge. Just looks so much more powerful in my eyes, but I guess that's because its my era of following the clubs more than anything else. The old badge on this shirt would look great.

paulw66   
8 hours ago, Sir said:

Pretty superb special kit that we’ll be sporting. Very cool. Is it ‘legal’ we are allowed to do this? How does it work? (Genuine question) and as I typed this, I’m assuming now the players aren’t wearing this shirt it’s just a special one for fans to buy? 

And given it is 50 years since our first FA Cup triumph, I really hope the players go all out to try and win the competition this year as that would be an more remarkable piece of history for us in this competition. 

Would love to buy the kit, but at roughly 100 quid a go? Can’t afford it, unfortunately.

One version of the kit is £65. 

I am buying it via a sneaky Chinese website for USD 29. Let me know if you are interested and I can add one to the order. PM me if keen. 

paulw66   
8 hours ago, Ham said:

It's things like that, that really grate. You spend £99 on a shirt that might only be worn by the players once, and they don't give you free delivery. P*ss take 

Sciatika   

I would put on my old one, but doubt it still fits :-(

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

One version of the kit is £65. 

I am buying it via a sneaky Chinese website for USD 29. Let me know if you are interested and I can add one to the order. PM me if keen. 

My son pressured me into buying him an early birthday present  so had no choice and bought it through the official web site. it en-route and should be here later today

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

On 02/01/2020 at 0:49 PM, Sciatika said:

I suspect the Forest fans may feel the same being in a top four fight in the Championship. It could be our backups against theirs.

Do they bollocks. Playing Chelsea is Nottingham Forests cup final. They'll play their best team and be going all out for win, it will make it even funnier when our reserves ease to victory against them. 

JaneB   

Get well soon Frank 🤒☹️