• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Nottingham Forest 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our F.A.Cup 3rd Round match against Nottingham Forest at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 14:01, Sunday, 5th January, 2020 (Local UK time/date).

These lot haven't done anything since the 80's, they are utter rubbish, an embarrassment to Robin Hood. Chelsea will really turn them on and show them up. 6-0 to home win to Chelsea.

Jasonb   
56 minutes ago, CostaTheBlue said:

These lot haven't done anything since the 80's, they are utter rubbish, an embarrassment to Robin Hood. Chelsea will really turn them on and show them up. 6-0 to home win to Chelsea.

That may be the case yet it depends on what Chelsea turns up and what changes Frank makes for this one. 

Young team please - really don't care if we go out in this one.  
Certainly not 3 top pros on after 60 mins only to find it go to extra time.
Do they still do replays?

Cumming, Lamptey, Bats, Gilmour, the most out of favour LB, Maatsen in midfield perhaps, Barkley for all I care, and Drinkwater if he is back already.

I recall the worst ever display of leading the line was against this lot a couple of years ago.  Bats still got a hattrick.

paulw66   
11 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Young team please - really don't care if we go out in this one.  
Certainly not 3 top pros on after 60 mins only to find it go to extra time.
Do they still do replays?

Cumming, Lamptey, Bats, Gilmour, the most out of favour LB, Maatsen in midfield perhaps, Barkley for all I care, and Drinkwater if he is back already.

I recall the worst ever display of leading the line was against this lot a couple of years ago.  Bats still got a hattrick.

Agree.

Sadly, we don't have the squad to worry about the FA cup and cling on to any hope of getting top 4 

I'd like to see Hudson Odoi play this from the start and hopefully take his chances. He's been mediocre or worse since his injury and with an improved contract to live up to I would like to see him get some confidence, before it gets to him. 

Other than that I would say ROTATION is needed to deal with the many games and fairly few changes to our starting 11 for a long time.

Was Barkley really THAT poor that he has completely vanished or is it due to injuries and those stupid situations in the media? I'd like to see him get game time as well. We are not rotating our core players very much so we need people fairly fresh to step in if someone runs out of gas. Same goes for Pedro. 

Giroud seems a done deal that he is off so lets get some game time for bats.

actually, reading the above we would be in for a potentially very frustrating match with that many low performers in the team. Lets hope Nottingham really is shite :)

Agree with the above, this isn't a priority for us - most exciting thing will be seeing the kit!

Give players a rest, give some others a chance. I expect some first-teamers still to play, just to keep some form of consistency, but think we'll go:

Caballero

Lamptey Christensen Tomori Emerson

Barkley Gilmour McEachran

Pulisic Bats CHO

Sciatika   

I suspect the Forest fans may feel the same being in a top four fight in the Championship. It could be our backups against theirs.

paulw66   
12 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I suspect the Forest fans may feel the same being in a top four fight in the Championship. It could be our backups against theirs.

Even more so for them, as realisitically, they can't win the FA Cup. 

Sir   

Pretty superb special kit that we’ll be sporting. Very cool. Is it ‘legal’ we are allowed to do this? How does it work? (Genuine question) and as I typed this, I’m assuming now the players aren’t wearing this shirt it’s just a special one for fans to buy? 

And given it is 50 years since our first FA Cup triumph, I really hope the players go all out to try and win the competition this year as that would be an more remarkable piece of history for us in this competition. 

Would love to buy the kit, but at roughly 100 quid a go? Can’t afford it, unfortunately.