• Current Donation Goals

chelboy   
7 minutes ago, Bison said:

That's surely the RB position locked up now right?

I genuinely don't care who players LB moving forward but James has made the RB position his own. Lampard can't gift Azpi any more RB minutes unless James is injured.

It should have been like this from the minute James became fit. Why it’s taken so long is a mystery. Him and Tammy should be the first names on the team sheet. No other player in the squad can give us what they do. 

What a shock. A week off and this team looks great afterwards.

I think people underestimate how important rest and preparation are to these youngsters.

We are basically expecting them to come in and perform like seasoned veterans.. its important to keep these things in mind when we are trying to add context to Lampard's job so far.

Arkie   

Finally a good home game. Highlights for me are James and CHO playing extremely well. I also thought Barkley provided a solid Box to Box performance. He almost feels more natural against packed defences than Kante. 

If I have to be picky I can point out Tammy's wastefulness in from of Goal. This is not the first game where he should have at least two goals to his name. Just too late and too inaccurate on many occasions.

• Like 1

paulw66   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Anyone changed their mind about VAR 🤔🤣

Appreciate this is tongue in cheek but var didn't help us at all. The onfield decisions remained as given. 

Ham   
2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Appreciate this is tongue in cheek but var didn't help us at all. The onfield decisions remained as given. 

Their goal was given on field and ruled out by VAR.  I thought he was inside personally and that they drew the line in the wrong places. The camera angle and height meant it was pure guesswork from VAR. 

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Ham said:

Their goal was given on field and ruled out by VAR.  I thought he was inside personally and that they drew the line in the wrong places. The camera angle and height meant it was pure guesswork from VAR. 

Linesman's flag was up well before the goal. Without var it was no goal 

Ham   
34 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Linesman's flag was up well before the goal. Without var it was no goal 

Ah I hadn't noticed a flag.  

Bison   
1 hour ago, chelboy said:

It should have been like this from the minute James became fit. Why it’s taken so long is a mystery. Him and Tammy should be the first names on the team sheet. No other player in the squad can give us what they do. 

Simple, Azpi is club captain. He has been given waaaaay more minutes than his form has deserved. 

There have been numerous games where Azpi has been just as bad as whoever is playing LB he never suffers the same fate they do. And now he's been moved over to left because James is clearly our best fullback.

Tony Gale thought their goal was onside and Willian dived .

What a hateful shitbag he is .

59 minutes ago, Ham said:

Technology can be great but on a pitch that is painted by a human the difference of a few inches is difficult to truly call but VAR always wants to be the MOtM