• Current Donation Goals

I believe Barnes is out, so some relief from 'honest but a little late' challenges for our CB's.

Tough game, early goal will make a huge difference. I would rather have them off the back of more positive results as they have racked up a few defeats in a run.

I fancy us to do the business though, I think I am right in saying we have a weeks preparation ahead of Spurs and turned in an improved performance, so same again here I hope.

3-0 Tammy, Kante and Pulisic.

Any chance of us coming out with the right attitude for this one?

try and get a couple of goals early, before slipping into self destruct mode.

Lampard needs to tell the back four to stop passing it around amongst themselves and get the ball forward as quick as possible,

hopefully he won't play Azpi, but that's wishful thinking, Willian is due a good game (he's done nothing since Spurs away)

kepa

james, Rudiger, Zouma, Alonso(if fit or Edison)

kovicic, Jorgi,

Willian, Mount, Odi

Tammy

32 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Any chance of us coming out with the right attitude for this one?

try and get a couple of goals early, before slipping into self destruct mode.

I'd much rather us come out determined to not give anything away, knowing that we will probably get the decisive goal in the first 60 and able to lift it later if we don't.
Coming out to score early is what tends to cost us IMO.

Brighton was unfortunate, but we played it the right way.

• Like 1

Bison   

No Kante in the squad and Barkley starts. Is this real life or a nightmare?

Edited by Bison

chelboy   

Why does Lamps keep giving Christensen chances? Against Burnley too? Couldnt think of a game less suited for Christensen. 

Ham   

I genuinely hope that Barkley silences his critics today.  Excellent opportunity for him. 

🤞

image.png.8ec114aa666d7ae2ca46d61781986eb5.png

Andreas Christensen is handed his first Premier League start for a month.
The Dane will line up alongside Toni Rudiger in central defence with Reece James on the right and Cesar Azpilicueta on the left.

Callum Hudson-Odoi retains his place with Christian Pulisic injured. He plays in a forward line containing Tammy Abraham and Willian.

Ross Barkley also continues in midfield having played in the FA Cup last weekend. It is his first league start since October. There is no N’Golo Kante after he injured a hamstring in training yesterday, as Frank Lampard explained: ‘He reported some feeling in his hamstring yesterday after training. We gave him overnight to see how it was but it wasn’t good enough this morning so not good enough to play.

‘Everybody knows how important N’Golo is for us but these things always give an opportunity and it opens the door for Ross Barkley to come in and play.’

Burnley are missing Ashley Barnes and Jay Rodriguez in attack. Jeff Hendrick, Aaron Lennon and Matthew Lowton come into their side.

Pedro still around, Giroud looks gone.

22 minutes ago, Bison said:

No Kante in the squad and Barkley starts. Is this real life or a nightmare?

See above.  I can't understand why the player most like Kante in the squad is not playing.  I hope Kovacic isn't injured.
I am hoping that with 2 consecutive blank mid-weeks, we are taking extra care of one or two key players.

Barkley and CHO but no Kovacic or Kante makes the midfield look low on workrate.  A big shift expected from Mount and  Willian then.  Hopefully we don't end up with Barkley and CHO on the same side.

14 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Why does Lamps keep giving Christensen chances? Against Burnley too? Couldnt think of a game less suited for Christensen. 

Very true

1 minute ago, Ham said:

I genuinely hope that Barkley silences his critics today.  Excellent opportunity for him. 

🤞

If he has a good game it is 1 step forward, but follows about 10 steps back.