• Current Donation Goals

✌
20 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Same team as the one that played Burnley for me. 

I think traditionally this is a difficult ground for us IIRC.. but with United at Liverpool, three points here can seal top 4 for us almost.

I think that might be a stretch, still a very long way to go. An 8 point gap with 16 games left to play, with the up and down nature of our form this season... it's not over until it's over.

What it would mean however, is a decent cushion going in to a period of tricky fixtures for us:

Arsenal (h)
Leicester (a)
Man U (h)
Spurs (h)

and then the CL starts up again.

If we can get to the CL matches and the gap be at 8 points still (or bigger), then we can start believing, but I can't see us getting through those 4 without dropping some points, sadly.

paulw66   
47 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think that might be a stretch, still a very long way to go. An 8 point gap with 16 games left to play, with the up and down nature of our form this season... it's not over until it's over.

What it would mean however, is a decent cushion going in to a period of tricky fixtures for us:

Arsenal (h)
Leicester (a)
Man U (h)
Spurs (h)

and then the CL starts up again.

If we can get to the CL matches and the gap be at 8 points still (or bigger), then we can start believing, but I can't see us getting through those 4 without dropping some points, sadly.

I'm actually less worried by those games than the ones against the teams at the bottom. Those 3 home games give us an excellent chance to put some real space between us and them (the chasing pack). I also think Leicester are catchable, especially if we beat them. I tihnk their small squad will bite them in the last third of the season. 

48 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I'm actually less worried by those games than the ones against the teams at the bottom. Those 3 home games give us an excellent chance to put some real space between us and them (the chasing pack). I also think Leicester are catchable, especially if we beat them. I tihnk their small squad will bite them in the last third of the season. 

They do give us an excellent chance, but those teams will all see them as a chance to close the gap on us, so not going to be easy games. If we win those 4, then I'd feel very confident about top 4.

I do think Leicester will begin to drop away a bit, I think it's starting to catch up with them a bit. That said, I still think they'll get top 4, but we could close the gap at least.

Anyway, this season doesn't count with VAR being such a joke, so ever happens to win the title, it won't really count ;) 

Leo91   

Weird saying this but a win today would be a statement.

Best team available IMO (though a 3-way tussle for CB2)

image.png.c4742e49fbe145a84c8ee10197f8a87b.png

Kovacic no longer seems to be first choice.

Frank Lampard has explained the difficulty in his decision-making for today's selection, particularly leaving Barkley on the bench: 'It's been a delicate decision because of how Ross Barkley has played in the last two games.

'I would say that’s been the difficult thing. It’s a good thing to have competition and that’s what I want so Ross should feel a little bit disappointed. That’s the hard part of my job but with N'Golo’s attributes and what he brings to the team, I thought it was a decision to make for this game.'

I take it that Kovacic is professional enough not to need his ego being stroked every time he gets dropped.

Ham   

Any opportunity to have a pop at Barkley. 

chelboy   

Baffled by the Kova decision and how Christensen has become CB no.2. I guess Frank is still trying everyone next to Rudiger to see how they do. I don’t think the Kante and Jorginho pivot really works tbh. 

Edited by chelboy

Is Tomori injured? Not on the bench unless I'm mistaken.  He's twice the player Christensen is. 

Bison   

Rudiger always has a mistake in him. He's supposed to be our best defender lol