• Current Donation Goals

JaneB   
22 minutes ago, Bison said:

We have lost 8 games and can barely win at home. We're clinging onto 4th because everybody else stinks.

That's not the sign of a good manager. Playing a capable young player over a crap senior player is common sense, it doesn't mean he should be given free reign to manage above his level.

Lampard I will always be a Chelsea legend but he's a crap manager. Time to admit it.

At this moment who would you bring in then?

19 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Are we talking about DD from his prime or DD when he first came over here?

Because either way we are comparing Tammy to a guy who was much more seasoned and experienced playing under the best manager at the time with world-class players supplying him to his strengths.

I take your point but Tammy is basically learning his trade at the moment.

He is at a really delicate place right now and competition could really hurt his development IMO.

The club has to be patient with all these boys. At the very least, next year we are looking at 6 really useful squad players if they drop off - acquired for free.

It depends on what the club’s goal is. If the goal is to maintain participation in CL (as it should be given without CL they’re losing 100 million per year), then Tammy needs competition. He needs to spilt time with a striker who will push him to continuously be at his best like Lampard had when he played for this club. Lampard’s current role is the manager and not a baby sitter. At this level competition for shirts is necessary and no position is exempt in my opinion. 

Bison   
2 minutes ago, JaneB said:

At this moment who would you bring in then?

Somebody who doesn't take off a striker when trying to win a game will do.

Edited by Bison

24 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes - we are better defensively, but we should score a lot lot more in situations where Rudiger and Zouma/Christensen have pushed up into the oppo box.

Agreed but given it’s a numbers game, out big guys are usually outnumbered by the opposition in the box pretty much on both ends. This is partly why we struggle to score off set pieces and also in defending same. 

JaneB   
3 minutes ago, Bison said:

Somebody who doesn't take off a striker when trying to win a game will do.

Doesn't answer the question

3 minutes ago, MikelBlue said:

It depends on what the club’s goal is. If the goal is to maintain participation in CL (as it should be given without CL they’re losing 100 million per year), then Tammy needs competition. He needs to spilt time with a striker who will push him to continuously be at his best like Lampard had when he played for this club. Lampard’s current role is the manager and not a baby sitter. At this level competition for shirts is necessary and no position is exempt in my opinion. 

Tammy knows at the moment he has no competition, Bats and giroud?

go ou tomorrow and try and buy Ings or Jimenez

Blue Rod   

Lampard must come up with ideas on how we create goals against an opposition that is determined to defend. Other teams do it. My fear is, we could have played this match for 90 hours and we wouldn't be any closer to creating a clear chance.

If our game plan is to cross onto the box  then at least our players in the box could take different positions. So many times all our players in the box are attacking a space behind their defenders that actually does not exist, and the ball arrives behind them instead.

Our corners and set pieces are a write off.

I don't expect Tammy to be a finished item at this age. But strikers of his age would be showing the package of skills that they will be perfecting  as they go forward. Just to say that Tammy's package is looking pretty lean.

Our game lacks intensity in attack. We lack the ability to sniff an opportunity and collectively exploit it. 

Bison   
2 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Doesn't answer the question

I don't know. I just remember what it felt like when AVB was here and clearly out of his depth. That feeling is back.

Just now, Bison said:

I don't know. I just remember what it felt like when AVB was here and clearly out of his depth. That feeling is back.

AVB had some top class players in their prime - good enough to win the CL the same year.
AVB's team played well below its potential.

We don't have those players, just Rudiger, Kanter, Jorginho and some very likely looking 20/21 year olds.
We are still playing above potential IMO.

4 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I don't expect Tammy to be a finished item at this age. But strikers of his age would be showing the package of skills that they will be perfecting  as they go forward. Just to say that Tammy's package is looking pretty lean.

I thought that side foot off Kante's flick looked superb.