• Current Donation Goals

chelboy   
12 minutes ago, Bison said:

At the very least, having a manager who shows signs of being a good one and earning the right to be around when money is going to be spent.

What are the “signs” of being a good manager?

Anyone know if Tomori is injured ?

If he fit, I find the recent exclusion of him and Kovacic a little bizarre.

They both seem to have been out of the starting line up for the last 5-6 games, which considering its Xmas period of busy games and their replacements not exactly been brilliant. I find it a little curious that these two have played so often this season, yet both gone off the radar a little during our busiest period. 

Bison   
12 minutes ago, chelboy said:

What are the “signs” of being a good manager?

Somebody who doesn't lose to the worst teams in the league every other weekend for a start.

• Haha 1

chelboy   
2 minutes ago, Bison said:

Somebody who doesn't lose to the worst teams in the league every other weekend for a start.

Pretty sure Klopp lost to teams worst than his in his 1st season. His 2nd season wasn’t that great either and many called him for the sack. But I guess those were the signs you were talking about...

Bison   
5 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Pretty sure Klopp lost to teams worst than his in his 1st season. His 2nd season wasn’t that great either and many called him for the sack. But I guess those were the signs you were talking about...

Klopp finished 4th in his first full season at Liverpool (on 76 points btw, a number we won't come close to this season). He did build a fantastic Dortmund team that won a league title and contested a Champions League final so keeping the faith in somebody with that record makes sense.

What's your point? Lampard is as good a manager as Klopp was in 2016?!?!?

chelboy   
21 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I found myself deflated very early in this game. About 30mins in and you could just tell it would take a set piece of some sort for us to score.

A couple of performances this season have got me angry, mostly Everton away because of stupidity costing us points. I wasn’t angry with that yesterday, maybe because it had 0-0 at best written all over it from early on. 

It was a horrible laboured watch though. It really did bring back memories and feelings of Sarriball from last season. We just went nowhere with the ball.

Whilst it’s not as easy for defenders to come out playing 4 at the back. Surely the whole point and advantage of Christensen playing is for games like this. Yet he seemed so reluctant to take any responsibility with the ball and step into midfield areas. He literally played everything as safe as he could. He had a decent game so not knocking his performance, but he took no risk and played completely within himself. If he can’t actually proactively use his advantages on the football field, what’s the point in having him. With his level of experience now, he shouldn’t need Jorginho to tell him what to do and step into midfield 2-3 times during that game. Tomori or Zouma could have produced that performance yesterday.

You can tell from the first 30 mins how a game is going to go for us. I too felt many vibes of Sarriball and kept thinking we are over passing it. We only looked dangerous once we got balls into the box. I still wonder why we try and pass the ball into the net as if we are City. It’s a complete waste of time. Especially against 5 man defences that sit deep.  Maybe the players see something different in training but its clear as daylight we don’t have players for that kind of football. 

On Christensen I thought he was the 2nd best player yesterday but Rudiger should play RCB. It makes more sense on the ball as Rudiger can’t really bring it out  on LCB. Christensen is not really the type to go far with the ball. He always looks as if he is trying not to make an error rather than do something with the ball and take a risk. The whole switching sides of CB’s is one feature I have really disliked this season. It makes no sense.  

chelboy   
6 minutes ago, Bison said:

Klopp finished 4th in his first full season at Liverpool (on 76 points btw, a number we won't come close to this season). He did build a fantastic Dortmund team that won a league title and contested a Champions League final so keeping the faith in somebody with that record makes sense.

What's your point? Lampard is as good a manager as Klopp was in 2016?!?!?

My point is there were no “signs” Klopp was going to be a top manager for Liverpool. Your idea of needing to see signs doesn’t make sense. If we had won yesterday would that have given you a sign that Lamps is not an a awful manager?

Klopp use to be 3-0 up in games and draw them 3-3 or almost lose them. Fans called for him to be sacked. How many sat there and thought Klopp would win their 1st title or even thought he would manage to win 98 points? I didn’t see any “signs” did you?

This team has clear weaknesses that are being targeted by every opposition now. That was our best 11 available yesterday or close to it. Tactically we did nothing wrong that I can see. Selection some may say Kova for Kante but I don’t see how that makes us suddenly make better decisions on the ball.

There’s no magic formula any manager can use to make this team suddenly overcome its weaknesses without any signings. They won’t go away until we strengthen. 

Just now, chelboy said:

My point is there were no “signs” Klopp was going to be a top manager for Liverpool. Your idea of needing to see signs doesn’t make sense. If we had won yesterday would that have given you a sign that Lamps is not an a awful manager?

Klopp use to be 3-0 up in games and draw them 3-3 or almost lose them. Fans called for him to be sacked. How many sat there and thought Klopp would win their 1st title or even thought he would manage to win 98 points? I didn’t see any “signs” did you?

This team has clear weaknesses that are being targeted by every opposition now. That was our best 11 available yesterday or close to it. Tactically we did nothing wrong that I can see. Selection some may say Kova for Kante but I don’t see how that makes us suddenly make better decisions on the ball.

There’s no magic formula any manager can use to make this team suddenly overcome its weaknesses without any signings. They won’t go away until we strengthen. 

I thought Christensen did well defensively. He played with a bit of aggression he often lacks when going up against Joelinton.

I just didn’t like the way he played so safe with the ball. He is regarded as our best ball playing CB option. Yet yesterday he just didn’t want to take any chance at all. I agree in that he just didn’t seem to want to make any mistake, but I just don’t think that is good enough for a top level player in a game like that.

Frank often talks about playing with personality. Whilst AC did well defensively, though he didn’t have to do much to be honest, he just lacked any personality or responsibility on the ball. This is what he is meant to offer. I’m not necessarily expecting him to be David Luiz, but he needed to show far more than that yesterday. It’s literally his only advantage over Tomori and Zouma and then he don’t show it in a game that needs it.

25 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I thought Christensen did well defensively. He played with a bit of aggression he often lacks when going up against Joelinton.

Yes.  But fair play to the ref who early on made it clear that if Linton backed into Christensen then he, and not the defender, would get penalised.

chelboy   
20 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I just didn’t like the way he played so safe with the ball. He is regarded as our best ball playing CB option. Yet yesterday he just didn’t want to take any chance at all. I agree in that he just didn’t seem to want to make any mistake, but I just don’t think that is good enough for a top level player in a game like that.

Frank often talks about playing with personality. Whilst AC did well defensively, though he didn’t have to do much to be honest, he just lacked any personality or responsibility on the ball. This is what he is meant to offer. I’m not necessarily expecting him to be David Luiz, but he needed to show far more than that yesterday. It’s literally his only advantage over Tomori and Zouma and then he don’t show it in a game that needs it.

People have always said Christensen is meant to be good on the ball but I have never really seen it. Was this when he was at the academy or when he was on loan? I never got those vibes from him.

The personality in this team is really low. The lack of a captain or leader shows in big moments. We lost 4 big personalities in the dressing room from last season in Luiz Cahill Cesc and Hazard. I would imagine two of these would probably speak up and say something to the team in difficult moments. Cesc and Hazard could always show there stuff on the pitch. Right now I can’t imagine anyone even speaking up. Rudiger probably but anyone else leading by example or showing any leadership or personality ? Doubt it. I said it yesterday that Willian needs to be stepping up as the senior attacker of this team. He should be showing the most personality especially in these type of moments but once again he didn’t look interested.