• Current Donation Goals

38 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I said it yesterday that Willian needs to be stepping up as the senior attacker of this team. He should be showing the most personality especially in these type of moments but once again he didn’t look interested. 

Maybe his contract negotiations are at a stand still and he's stopped trying (again) it's noticeable that recently there are rumblings, led by his agent I'm certain, that he is wanted by Jose at Spurs .

On his day he can be brilliant but generally he has about three days a season .

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Maybe his contract negotiations are at a stand still and he's stopped trying (again) it's noticeable that recently there are rumblings, led by his agent I'm certain, that he is wanted by Jose at Spurs .

There are always rumblings about Jose.  You are allowed to say what you like about his transfer plans.  Free hit.

Willian has started 24 out of 29 PL & CL games, and been sub in 4 of the 5 others.  Subbed off for only 6 mins of the last 720.  He is 31. He is an AM which means his form will always be up or down.  I don't think Pulisic or CHO or Pedro have looked better in more than about 3 or 4 games total.  And recently he has played LW with all the play going through James.

For all the whinging - does anyone want Willian dropped - or have we all already thought that one through?

Edited by Droy was my hero

Jasonb   

A gruelling match for us yesterday we put in a shift yet caught with a sucker punch.

Why was Rudiger marking two players, where were the others? Or was someone trying to play offside?

In attack we were largely predictable, having said that both Willian and Kante had chances to put us one ahead. The Kante one arguably he could also have put Tammy in.

Despite having two wide players neither seemed to run to the touch-line to put a cross in with pace, instead invariably cutting-in around the box against a packed defence preventing a decent chance.

Until Barkley came on that didn't change, with Barkley in our midfield we looked like creating something and a one-two I think with Jorginho late on was a good idea and unlucky. I would also have liked Barkley to be on for the set piece as again our free kick was poorly executed.

I'm not sure on the Kovacic situation, whether his form is poor or is on the bench for a tactical reason yet feel we are better when he is on the pitch as he is more creative and able to break the lines with his dribbling.

When we are looking to get a winner late on, I cannot understand bringing one off-form striker on for another struggling against two defenders and think we need another option.

It's a shame we cannot find a way to utilise Alonso he can score with his head, or shoot and puts in a decent cross. I would think the last 15 mins he is a better gamble than Bats by sacrificing a defender or midfielder. We need something different in attack or our season will peter out.

Shame for me that Frank said we had rehearsed attacking training to death and we needed to be more clinical, yesterday I did not think we created enough decent chances. I also think we should be creating better chances and that can only be done on the training pitch.

28 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

There are always rumblings about Jose.  You are allowed to say what you like about his transfer plans.  Free hit.

Willian has started 24 out of 29 PL & CL games, and been sub in 4 of the 5 others.  Subbed off for only 6 mins of the last 720.  He is 31. He is an AM which means his form will always be up or down.  I don't think Pulisic or CHO or Pedro have looked better in more than about 3 or 4 games total.  And recently he has played LW with all the play going through James.

For all the whinging - does anyone want Willian dropped - or have we all already thought that one through?

Personally , I thought Willian was absolutely fantastic for about the first , roughly , sixteen or seventeen games . Whilst he was angling for a new contract. Since then he's been resolutely meh .

He's a capricious fellow , perfectly happy to dial it in when the stars aren't aligned .

Jasonb   
5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Personally , I thought Willian was absolutely fantastic for about the first , roughly , sixteen or seventeen games . Whilst he was angling for a new contract. Since then he's been resolutely meh .

He's a capricious fellow , perfectly happy to dial it in when the stars aren't aligned .

Haha, that thought has crossed my mind though if he had scored with that left footed effort early on we would not be saying that and I don't believe he aimed to miss. On the right side suspect he would have buried it.

13 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Haha, that thought has crossed my mind though if he had scored with that left footed effort early on we would not be saying that and I don't believe he aimed to miss. On the right side suspect he would have buried it.

Just watched that chance again . I'd be embarrassed if I was him.

I can't see how he's suddenly lost the power to play a simple pass in front of someone instead of a foot behind them too .

I’ve seen a few comments about we looked better when Barkley came on. I really don’t buy that. If anything, I was again disappointed by him. 

This was a perfect game scenario for him to do something positive for the club and himself. He simply failed. 

He had 25mins to make an impact and get a grip of the game against a team who would have been getting mentally and physically fatigued. 

He didn’t play badly when he came on, but what he did do is not praise worthy in the slightest for me. It was a big chance for him and all he mustered was a couple of nice touches and passes. Nothing more. Is the bar for him really that low that he does a few basic things and receives positive comments!!?? 

We can't keep getting away with it, sooner or later at least one if not two out of Arsenal, Man Utd or Spurs Will put a run together and close the gap or more then likely go above us.once that happens we will start to slip away.

Lampard needs to buy now (what was the point in trying to get the ban lifted, if we aren't going to buy anyone? Lampard and the board need to wake up we need players yesterday)

a striker is needed NOW not in the summer, (try for Ings or Jimenez ), we also need to bring in another wide player (Pedro barely plays (get rid off), pulisic is injured,Willian is sulking (get rid of), and CHO is still very young, go and get Zaha, he played really well yesterday against city.

we can get by with Azpi or Emerson at Lb until the summer, also I'm not impressed with christensen (if a club comes in with decent money I would take it).

Also I'd drop Kepa for a few games, Willy deserves a chance

Edited by Never happy

1 minute ago, Never happy said:

We can't keep getting away with it, sooner or later at least one if not two out of Arsenal, Man Utd or Spurs Will put a run together and close the gap or more then likely go above us.once that happens we will start to slip away.

Lampard needs to buy now (what was the point in trying to get the ban lifted, if we aren't going to buy anyone? Lampard and the board need to wake up we need players yesterday)

a striker is needed NOW not in the summer, (try for Ings or Jimenez ), we also need to bring in another wide player (Pedro barely plays (get rid off), pulisic is injured,Willian is sulking (get rid of), and CHO is still very young, go and get Zaha, he played really well yesterday against city.

we can get by with Azpi or Emerson at Lb until the summer, also I'm not impressed with christensen (if a club comes in with decent money I would take it).

He’ll have his detractors and in some ways it’s understandable. Yet another game passes with zero points where a Zaha could make a difference.

I wouldn’t want to pay £80 million, but if it could get him for £65-£70 then its worth a punt. The only reason not too is if the club genuinely believe they will get Sancho in the summer 

3 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

He’ll have his detractors and in some ways it’s understandable. Yet another game passes with zero points where a Zaha could make a difference.

I wouldn’t want to pay £80 million, but if it could get him for £65-£70 then its worth a punt. The only reason not too is if the club genuinely believe they will get Sancho in the summer 

Sancho for 120 million? Not for me, I'd rather go for Courtinho