• Current Donation Goals

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Whilst not denying his poor form, I don't really trust that sort of data.

Most of the high performers in that list are GKs for teams in the bottom six, purely because they face more shots. 

Sure.

You can try to twist the stats whatever way you like. I can see what I see during games. Kepa is the worst keeper we've had as a first choice keeper since the days of Grodås, Kharine and Hitchcock in 1996/97. For the money we paid that's not only offensive, it's absolutely absurd. 

I'd look to sell him on to La Liga asap and find a replacement. We could basically almost buy any keeper out there and not be worse off. To improve on Kepa should be very easy. 

chelboy   

I think “Expected goals conceded” and “Expected goals against” are two different things.

Expected goals against may show stats in which the team should have conceded a goal from. This doesn’t take into account whether the player hit his shot on target or off target. 

Expected goals conceded are similar but based on shots that ended up on target. So the team has their own xG against while Kepa has his own xG conceded.

For example against Valencia they missed about 3 open goals which did not end up on target. xG against would pick these up but xG conceded wouldn’t pick them up as they did not end up on target so Kepa would not be expected to concede. 

This could be why both stats may differ. 

Thats my guess anyway. 

Bison   
14 hours ago, Leo91 said:

The only problem is how much do we spend on a back up GK. A Nick Pope is going to be around £30m I'd have guessed. Or do we risk Jack Butland, not had a great season, but has shown glimpses of his ability in the past.

LOL, why would Pope play back up to the worst goalkeeper in the league?

Leo91   
6 minutes ago, Bison said:

LOL, why would Pope play back up to the worst goalkeeper in the league?

Because he needs to prove himself as well un a blue shirt.

Bison   
10 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Because he needs to prove himself as well un a blue shirt.

What did Kepa prove prior to being a Chelsea player?