• Current Donation Goals

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Kante had the first (only?) shot on goal

It wasn't shown on the incredibly short motd highlights but I remember thinking he should have squared it for a much easier finish for Tammy. Shot on goal does not equal good decision making.

Kovacic's dribbling and passing in tight spaces would have been more useful against a parked bus, rather than Kantes charging into the box style.

Would probably play Kante against Arsenal though as they will try and play, his ball recovery will be needed to spring counters (his best asset imo)

Leicester have just lost, city only drew, Arsenal drew, Spurs drew and with United about to play Liverpool (surely that can't get more then a point), and we blew it Again.

we have to win this, but it depends on Lampard, will he continue to play his favs or will he have the balls to pick form players?

willy

james, Rudiger,TimorI,emerson

kante,jorgi,kovicic

Odi,Tammy,Pedro

BUT HE WILL PICK...

kepa

azpi,Rudiger,zouma,emerson

kovicic,jorgi,barkley

Odi,Tammy,Willian

6 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Leicester have just lost, city only drew, Arsenal drew, Spurs drew and with United about to play Liverpool (surely that can't get more then a point), and we blew it Again.

we have to win this, but it depends on Lampard, will he continue to play his favs or will he have the balls to pick form players?

willy

kante,jorgi,kovicic

Odi,Tammy,Pedro

BUT HE WILL PICK...

kepa

kovicic,jorgi,barkley

Odi,Tammy,Willian

Pedro is unpickable , last time out he made Willians feeble contribution look like prime Johann Cruyff.

Rob B   
16 minutes ago, Never happy said:

willy

kante,jorgi,kovicic

Odi,Tammy,Pedro

BUT HE WILL PICK...

kepa

kovicic,jorgi,barkley

Odi,Tammy,Willian

Interesting that you’d go for Willy. 

I was wondering myself at what point Lamps drops him.  Not personally saying we’re there yet but I was reading some pretty damning stats on Kepa earlier: 

For all the talk about defence, Kepa is the least busiest keeper in the league, only having to make a save every 50 minutes

54% save rate (worst in the PL by some distance)

127th out of 132 in Europe’s top 5 leagues apparently 

Don’t get me wrong, we desperately need goals, but our vulnerability at the back definitely doesn’t help.

11 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well no.  For 20 mins Mount was mostly pushed up, then both Mount and Kante were pushing up alongside Tammy.  Kante had the first (only?) shot on goal and made the headed flick from which Tammy hit the bar (albeit marginally offside).  These were our 2 best chances.
I'd argue that Kante did more in attack than anyone.

Its been almost 2 years of Kante "box to box"... he has had bright spells, but its been for the most part average otherwise.

He hasn't put together the numbers to support any consideration of him in that role - and he has had ample opportunity to do so.

He's 28 going on 29 soon - he's not going to get any better either.

He is physically and technically gifted enough to do a job in just about any role I would imagine but he shouldn't be a starter in his present state.

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

52 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Its been almost 2 years of Kante "box to box"... he has had bright spells, but its been for the most part average otherwise.

Almost 4 with us, and one with Leicester.
I wonder where people were thinking when we won the league with Matic and 3 CBs.  Was he playing between their legs?

6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Almost 4 with us, and one with Leicester.
I wonder where people were thinking when we won the league with Matic and 3 CBs.  Was he playing between their legs?

It still , smart alec responses aside , does not explain why he is ,barring the odd miracle , absolutely fundamentally unequivocally , piss poor in the last third of the pitch .

Let him chase down and harrass the person with the ball which is where his real strength lies and where we and Leicester originally  used him and  get someone with the "first idea" how to link midfield and attack to do that job.

• Like 1

chelboy   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

It still , smart alec responses aside , does not explain why he is ,barring the odd miracle , absolutely fundamentally unequivocally , piss poor in the last third of the pitch .

Let him chase down and harrass the person with the ball which is where his real strength lies and where we and Leicester originally  used him and  get someone with the "first idea" how to link midfield and attack to do that job.

Yeah I don’t really understand how we allow Kante to go as far forward as we did against Newcastle. Thats the most attacking I have seen him this season and it doesn’t really make much sense. I can understand him winning the ball then driving forward as he always does but having him in the box making early runs just doesn’t make sense. He doesn’t really have the attacking sense to find space against deep opposition. He should be outside the box waiting for any possible 50/50’s that drop down or possible quick transitions he can defend against. Thats what Kante is best at. 

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

But Kante was less piss poor than Mount (this game) and Barkley I don't think got in the box at all.  
I don't know what game people were watching, but all 3 FBs, both No8s and both AMs were all less effective than Kante in the last third.
While Newcastle made Kante's normal job redundant by giving the ball away at the first opportunity.

10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

But Kante was less piss poor than Mount (this game) and Barkley I don't think got in the box at all.  
I don't know what game people were watching, but all 3 FBs, both No8s and both AMs were all less effective than Kante in the last third.
While Newcastle made Kante's normal job redundant by giving the ball away at the first opportunity.

None of this matters , he gets in the box all the time and the the net result is the same , nothing  , he shoots at the keeper when there are options available to him, not because he's a bad player but because that's not where he plays and being there is not natural to him , he doesn't know what to do .

Hunting down the opposition player with the ball , getting it off him and passing it on to someone else is what he's good at , all this nonsense about always being a box to box midfielder is rubbish , he had one job to do , was the best in the World at it and now he's a mediocre box to box midfielder . 

It's as bad as asking , which we have done also , Barkley to play a more holding role , he tries , he fails , he has no natural acumen for the position .

And the sooner SFL realises this the better .