• Current Donation Goals

4 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

True Martin but we would still have been disappointed not beating a team with 10 men and conceding so late.

We are not very good. 

We are being overly critical because we find ourselves in a false position because everyone else is proper ****.

7 minutes ago, Dingus said:

There’s nothing wrong in accepting a player might just not be the right fit anymore.

You’ll survive. We’ll be ok.

Thank you. I'll be fine - I'm not having a post-match meltdown.

Kante is exactly the sort of character we can't afford to lose at the moment. With his attributes he can fit into any team.

Bison   
7 minutes ago, lzheyi said:

WHAT INSTRUCTIONS WERE GIVEN TO THEM REGARDING SHORT CORNERS ALL NIGHT LONG?

Almost certainly nothing. Making it up as they go along - clearly no instructions or detailed plans from the manager.

3 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Thought he was standing way too close to the near post for the second, was a good shot but given his size had no chance of anything towards the far post. Nor entirely his fault, not great either 

20200121_223124.jpg

20200121_223109.jpg

He's ALWAYS too far over . It's because he can't keep goal.

Cut our losses .

2 minutes ago, Bison said:

Almost certainly nothing. Making it up as they go along - clearly no instructions or detailed plans from the manager.

I think we did score from a corner so that's a first

Edit...and a short corner at that.

Edited by NoblyBobly

1 minute ago, Bison said:

This is just embarrassing now. Why don't you just get yourself off to bed!

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Quite - we are a mid table quality team right now and that doesn't mean consistent averageness, it means just randomness.

Most of the negativity is just misplaced.
One exception - the anger at the corner routines is fair - especially the period where they had one decent guy in the air and we played short corners.
Martinelli got very very lucky, the ball bounced up off his shin and shot off his knee, confusing everyone, and Kante thought he had an easy turn to walk off with the ball.  You could see on Martinelli's face that he thought he had lost the chance.  Good finish though.

Agree with this, it was bizarre, especially as I think our corners have been pretty good recently,  almost like we actually practice them.

chelboy   
1 minute ago, Whataloadofballacks said:

This is just embarrassing now. Why don't you just get yourself off to bed!

No ,let him continue. His posts are making me laugh. Needed something to laugh about after that game. 

BlueFizz   

On my way home from game.

A bit dumbstruck tbh. The moment Luiz walked we looked utterly lost - no clue how to make extra man work.

Even worse second half in my view. And felt right from the start of the second we needed fresh legs and ideas to push on for a second.

I leave thinking Lampard may be the weakest link, not the young players.

Just now, Martin1905 said:

Agree with this, it was bizarre, especially as I think our corners have been pretty good recently,  almost like we actually practice them.

Recently as in for past 2 or 3 games yes.  No more than that.