• Current Donation Goals

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

None of this matters , he gets in the box all the time and the the net result is the same , nothing  , he shoots at the keeper when there are options available to him, not because he's a bad player but because that's not where he plays and being there is not natural to him , he doesn't know what to do .

You'd have picked who instead of Kante then?  And gone without a ball winner from the start?

Against packed defences everyone has a role, what ever you think they were or should be picked for.  FBs, CBs, AND ball winners.

(There is an argument late on to push a CB up besides the CF and have Kante cover the big spaces at the back - I would accept that for last 10 mins).

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's as bad as asking , which we have done also , Barkley to play a more holding role , he tries , he fails , he has no natural acumen for the position .

Yes.  I said before - I don't think Barkley was given instructions on Saturday to play alongside Jorginho.  I think he just decided to do that by himself.  Like that penalty...

15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You'd have picked who instead of Kante then?  And gone without a ball winner from the start?

Against packed defences everyone has a role, what ever you think they were or should be picked for.  FBs, CBs, AND ball winners.

(There is an argument late on to push a CB up besides the CF and have Kante cover the big spaces at the back - I would accept that for last 10 mins).

Yes.  I said before - I don't think Barkley was given instructions on Saturday to play alongside Jorginho.  I think he just decided to do that by himself.  Like that penalty...

You don't need a ball winner when they don't want the ball .

I'd have played 3-4-3 and absolutely bombarded them from start to finish employing Kante to mop up any counter attacks and protect the defence .

United and Spurs will pick up 3 points in this GW, so we must do the same, after not capitalising again at the weekend.

Personally I would pick the following for Arsenal tomorrow:

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Christensen Emerson

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Tammy CHO

Bench: Caballero, Alonso, Tomori, Barkley, Mount, Pedro, Bats

paulw66   
58 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

United and Spurs will pick up 3 points in this GW, so we must do the same, after not capitalising again at the weekend.

Personally I would pick the following for Arsenal tomorrow:

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Christensen Emerson

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Tammy CHO

Bench: Caballero, Alonso, Tomori, Barkley, Mount, Pedro, Bats

Not sure CHO is justifying his selection. Shooting is poor, never skins his full back......... mind you, I don't see Arsenal parking the bus, so maybe more room to run into. 

Ham   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

But Kante was less piss poor than Mount (this game) and Barkley I don't think got in the box at all.  
I don't know what game people were watching, but all 3 FBs, both No8s and both AMs were all less effective than Kante in the last third.
While Newcastle made Kante's normal job redundant by giving the ball away at the first opportunity.

Totally disingenuous in relation to Barkley who came on for a cameo only. 

Totally wrong too because Barkley was far better in the final third and moved the ball about far quicker during his short time on the pitch. Up until then we were painfully slow and fractured in our build up play. 

Whether he got into the box is irrelevant. The final third covers more than just the box and you know it. 

Sick to death of Barkley getting undeserved flak. 

• Like 1

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Diddymen said:

any news on the James injury?

Might play tomorrow apparently, so not serious. 

Alonso is back too. 

14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Almost 4 with us, and one with Leicester.
I wonder where people were thinking when we won the league with Matic and 3 CBs.  Was he playing between their legs?

The player himself stated that Sarri allowed him much more attacking involvement. The coach also confirmed this.

Maybe your interpretation of his role under Conte (and at Leicester) was in the attacking third but that would be off the mark by some distance. 

The fact is that you are basing your opinion of his efficacy on 2 moments he had in the first half. Mount was rightly criticized in the first half, but after the break he and Willian were heavily involved in everything we were doing positive. In contrast, Kante got the ball and the play broke down time and time again. 

Are you saying that Sarri didn't change his role with us.....? 

56 minutes ago, Ham said:

Totally disingenuous in relation to Barkley who came on for a cameo only. 

Totally wrong too because Barkley was far better in the final third and moved the ball about far quicker during his short time on the pitch. Up until then we were painfully slow and fractured in our build up play. 

When Barkley came on he got the ball and moved it very quickly and the play improved even more. In Kante's present form, and even Mount who has his inconsistencies, Kovacic and Barkley should be involved a lot more IMO.

It is not even about if Barkley is "good enough".. Its about if the current first choice players are living up to their reputations. And they aren't.

Under Mourinho, there was a time when we had untouchables and he would play them regardless of their individual performances solely because collectively the group functioned and they kept consistently picking up points. That's not the case with any of this group, and hasn't been the case for years. We haven't had a consistent season since Conte's first. 

Leo91   

Renewed my membership and picked up West stand upper tickets from the exchange programme for this! Expensive game but worth it if we beat these mugs tomorrow. Come on Chels.