• Current Donation Goals

chelboy   
5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'd play Kepa and keep Willy for the league and Champions league. 

Actually, I'm lying, I'd really go out and buy Bulka back from PSG and give him the #1 shirt. 

I wonder what Bulka thinks now. Looked decent in pre season last year. Heard some good things about him. I would try and loan him back for 6 months. His decision to go to PSG was an odd one. 

paulw66   
57 minutes ago, chara said:

Ah Holymoly..how things change...at least you made me smile..thank you..

Just an aside.....there is a reason Willy came to SB as backup after not making it at Citeh.....beware what you ask for....know he will always give his best and respect that but on a long term ? Like the Bulka idea...was a bit surprised he was allowed to go but again only seen the preseason efforts so maybe someone saw something else. 

Again the Willy thing is abit like the call for youth...sounds good in theory but in practice a possible slippery path....why not calls for Cummings to be given a chance?....if Kepa is the root of all the problems why not try the youngster?

Would appreciate a comment from anyone who has seen Cummings on a long term basis...

He refused to sign a new contract. Short of kiddknapping him, we couldn't stop him

asvaberg   

This cup is our last chance of winning something this season (I don't think we will win CL...........haha)

Bring on our best team, win this one and let's hope some of our biggest rivals fails in this round. 

paulw66   
2 hours ago, asvaberg said:

This cup is our last chance of winning something this season (I don't think we will win CL...........haha)

Bring on our best team, win this one and let's hope some of our biggest rivals fails in this round. 

If he picks our best team, he's certifiable for various reasons.

16 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If he picks our best team, he's certifiable for various reasons.

Yep. 

I hate to say this but the race for 4th must surely be given precedent. 

Throw this. 

Diddymen   
3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yep. 

Throw this. 

Agree with this.

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yep. 

Throw this. 

I wouldn't say "throw it" but I certainly would leave out anyone who is too important for the league.

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I wouldn't say "throw it" but I certainly would leave out anyone who is too important for the league.

I was going to suggest we do exactly that but we're so thin on the ground I didn't know, other than play the real youth what to suggest. 

We can probably play the the two spare centre halves, Michy, Pedro, Barkley, Alonso and Willy, but that's about it but we can't really afford to risk Michy, Barkley, or the two centre halves in case we need them in the league. 

Normally I'd be in favour of playing the youngsters and wouldn't be unhappy going out of the cup, but the club needs a bit of good news at the moment and losing to a Championship team would not be that. An honourable exit to a mid-table PL team would be acceptable, but losing to Hull will only heighten the feeling of tension ahead of 4 absolutely critical games.

Leo91   

There's enough of a gap to the next game that we don't need to rest imo.