• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Leicester City at King Power Stadium before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:30, Saturday 1st February, 2020 (Local UK time/date).

paulw66   

Vardy injured? 

I quite fancy this one, and I have no justifcation for that at all. 

They've been on a bit of a dodgy run, but seemed to get back on track against West Ham, so this won't be an easy game. If we'd got the points we should have done vs Newcastle and Arsen, I wouldn't be as worried, but we not need to win this match, especially with Spurs playing Man City and United playing Wolves, it is potential to open the gap slightly again.

Hopefully, James will be fit for this one, I'd also like to see Tomori back in the team as well... possibly partnering Christensen, but more likely Rudiger I would guess. I suspect Tammy won't be fit sadly, Pulisic may be fit for the bench and I also presume we won't have any new signings to show off. Be nice to see Gilmour rewarded with a place on the bench as well, I would love to see him integrated more with the first team for the remained of the season.

Kepa

James Rudiger Tomori Azpi

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

CHO Bats Willian

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Emerson, Barkley, Gilmour, Pulisic, Giroud/Pedro

I don't think we'll have enough to beat them, I just don't see where goals will come from for us. Defend and look to counter will probably be our best option here.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Kepa?

No thank you

Willy

James Rudiger Zouma Azpi

Kante Jorgi Kovacic

Mount Tomori (anyone but bats) Pulisic(Willian)

before everyone rips into me, remember Sutton, Warhurst,Samba all made the move to striker, even Dion Dublin started out as Center half

I'd be going (given the injuries);

Caballero

Azpilicueta Rüdiger Tomori Emerson

Kovacic    Jorginho

CHO                   Mount             Willian

Bats

Subs: Arrizabalaga, Zouma, Alonso, Kanté, Gilmour, Lamptey, Pedro

If Abraham is fit he starts with Bats on the bench and Alsonso sent to the stand. 

paulw66   

Maybe just me, but I'd pick Alonso over Emerson any day.

Emerson has no football brain, which he showed perfectly at the end of the Arsenal game. "kick it out, you moron!!"

Leo91   

Tomori left back. Don't need to think about it.

31 minutes ago, Never happy said:

before everyone rips into me, remember Sutton, Warhurst,Samba all made the move to striker, even Dion Dublin started out as Center half

Or Kenny Burns - I remember a cracking hattrick for Birmingham.  A very young Trevor Francis besides him helped.
And the clip reminds me it was away at Leicester - which would be nice.  An og by Denis Rofe the Leicester LB is less reassuring.
Some business man offered a car for any Birmingham player that got a goal 6.  So Birmingham rushed to a 0-6 lead and settled for 2-6.

The other thing though is that everyone of those CB turned CFs ended up playing CB again by the end of their career.

7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Or Kenny Burns - I remember a cracking hattrick for Birmingham.  A very young Trevor Francis besides him helped.
And the clip reminds me it was away at Leicester - which would be nice.  An og by Denis Rofe the Leicester LB is less reassuring.
Some business man offered a car for any Birmingham player that got a goal 6.  So Birmingham rushed to a 0-6 lead and settled for 2-6.

The other thing though is that everyone of those CB turned CFs ended up playing CB again by the end of their career.

Didn't Dennis Rofe play for us ?

paulw66   
58 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Without meaning to rip into anybody;

2 players you have listed, Samba and Warhurst are hardly shining success stories. Are you talking about Chris Samba, who I only remember playing as an emergency centre froward at the end of games? And Paul Warhurst who has a career high 6 league goals in a season? I would hope the bar is slightly higher. 

As for Sutton and Dublin, both had converted to centre forward long before they hit 22, and long before they had chalked up over 120 senior appearances.